Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bloody Southerners.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well written. Informative, esp for those of us who were around at the time but lacked first hand info.

Not for those who like to think of clough as a god.

A great reminder of the order of events

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I reckon you should read it, then offer your opinion.

I reckon you're spot on.

I'm not sure why a Brighton fan would get a book about Brighton and Hove Albion and then start a thread on here asking for opinions, having not read it, instead of just diving straight in,

I'll give you a clue [MENTION=3651]Leekbrookgull[/MENTION] - it's not about Palace :wink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Overall I was disappointed with the book, as I felt that there was more focus on Clough and Taylor away from the Albion and not enough detail (as an Albion fan) on the period that they were at the club. While I accept that there needs to be detail on the standing of Clough and Taylor at Derby County and the fallout which led to them joining the Albion, the Clough move to Leeds and then Forest in my view received too much attention.

Given the billing of Clough and Taylor's Brighton & Hove Odyssey I was expecting more detail on the period when they were at the Albion either as a pair or Taylor solo. A missed opportunity.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just finished reading it, it has a lot of stuff I didn’t know, and some stuff I thought was only rumours.
I can remember the excitement going round my school when BC and PT signed, and, frankly the disbelief. I’m glad Bamber has come out of it well, although probably he sewed the seeds for a lot of our future problems, the man cared, and did it all with the best intentions.

And, the author got the roots of our rivalry with Palace bang on, it started in August 1974, and not the FA Cup game in 1976.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Didn't know about him chasing the Iran job. Always thought the man was somewhat unhinged. Book does little to dispel that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here