Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Albion Christmas/ New Year wish

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Mine would be that CH makes substitutions to influence a game rather than consolidate or hold on to it.

Yes, fair enough. Mine would be to see over 2019 that the club becomes entrenched in what might be called the middle league of established PL clubs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That the players have the belief to play like they did for the last 60 minutes against Arsenal and not give opponents far too much respect.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That the players have the belief to play like they did for the last 60 minutes against Arsenal and not give opponents far too much respect.
Yes, absolutely. I kept shouting get at them in the last 2 home matches, and had we really shown less fear of the name, then we would be 3 points at least better off.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Double the current points tally by the end of February :angel:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH has stated in more than one post-match interview that he was disappointed about starting slowly in home matches, which would indicate they aren't his instructions, maybe a cautiousness amongst the players

i understand that but believe it could emanate from his appraisal of other teams and that we will have a difficult game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CH has stated in more than one post-match interview that he was disappointed about starting slowly in home matches, which would indicate they aren't his instructions, maybe a cautiousness amongst the players

This. Pretty sure he didn't send them out on Boxing Day to let Arsenal string 20+ passes together without so much as a hint of an Albion challenge. They had 85% possession at that point. Hard for the fans to get behind the team with that level of nonsense going on.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Mine would be that CH makes substitutions to influence a game rather than consolidate or hold on to it even at half time if it is needed.

Agreed, he is often a reactive manager in that respect rather than proactive.

Mine would be to play away in the same way we do at home.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Keep injury free, beat Palace at Selhurst and not to lose any players to bigger richer teams.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This. Pretty sure he didn't send them out on Boxing Day to let Arsenal string 20+ passes together without so much as a hint of an Albion challenge. They had 85% possession at that point. Hard for the fans to get behind the team with that level of nonsense going on.

Thing is there doesn't appear to be the desire to get into them from the off, indeed quite the opposite we seem happy to retreat. I haven't witnessed Hughton "driving home" any instructions to the contrary.

One of Hughton's faults is he is happy to say he's disappointed in post game interviews but you don't very often see him pointing out his teams failing from the sideline, this leads me to believe, as it happens a lot, it comes from him but is "happy" for the players to carry the can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here