Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Celtic want Connolly on loan

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Already said to be nonsense by Naylor. Would expect Connolly to go out on loan but not sure he’d be playing enough games at Celtic yet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mind you it is from the Scottish Sun but anyway here's the article:

http://www.punditarena.com/football...XSm5mkNTqKUZE5a-cePCI7TV1STnKkFds7Gv3nmZOyi_Y

Personally, it would be brilliant for him I think as Rodgers promotes a decent style of play. The only issue I have is if they want to turn that loan into a permanent move come July.

That's not the issue. The issue would b whether he would get ''game time'' - If they are gonna play him then it's a ''win win'' situation for Brighton because they will create chances for him and we would then have a multi million pound teenager on our hands.

So wherever he may go on loan time the only issue for me is whether he is likely to play or not.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ahh missed Naylor's comment. As you were.

I don't know how the idea can be ''poo pooed'' totally. Rogic goes to the Asian Games in January, so he might get assurances of game time. I don't see how anyone can know who he might go to; however, he is correct. It will be to a side where he will get minutes on the pitch

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ahh missed Naylor's comment. As you were.

The article you quote states that Celtic are ‘considering’ a bid for Connolly. One would infer that they have not contacted the club, therefore AN has no real basis to nonsense the rumour.

It’s another textbook denial by AN, just as CH declares that they are looking to loan out some of the younger players.

Watch this space - he could easily rock up at a top Championship club, Celtic or even Rangers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The important thing is his contract, some have suggested he signed a new one but the reports allude to it coming to an end

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Mind you it is from the Scottish Sun but anyway here's the article:

http://www.punditarena.com/football...XSm5mkNTqKUZE5a-cePCI7TV1STnKkFds7Gv3nmZOyi_Y

Personally, it would be brilliant for him I think as Rodgers promotes a decent style of play. The only issue I have is if they want to turn that loan into a permanent move come July.

I suppose we could always turn down their transfer fee offer?

The important thing is his contract, some have suggested he signed a new one but the reports allude to it coming to an end

Reports of the new contract were from the horse’s mouth (Connolly’s Insta). He signed a new contract in Feb this year.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I suppose we could always turn down their transfer fee offer?

Reports of the new contract were from the horse’s mouth (Connolly’s Insta). He signed a new contract in Feb this year.

Thanks

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know how the idea can be ''poo pooed'' totally. Rogic goes to the Asian Games in January, so he might get assurances of game time. I don't see how anyone can know who he might go to; however, he is correct. It will be to a side where he will get minutes on the pitch

Isn’t Rogic a midfielder?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Holding midfielder if 4-2-3-1 or Central Midfielder if 4-1-4-1

Tom Rogic. Scottish champion Scotland 5 ... Other position(s): Second Striker Right Winger ... Full Name: Tomas Petar Rogić. Date of Birth: Dec 16, 1992.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Rogic is an attacking midfield player every time I have seen him. Edouard is the only striker Celtic have at the moment after the sale of Dembele and Griffiths taking a break because of personal reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here