Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton parking

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Going into town for a family meal tonight,thinking of driving,any easy parking,is it free after 8 pm everywhere?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No and no. The cheapest parking is London Road, and walk in, otherwise, you're looking at £8 and above.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£4.50 from 6pm at Regency Square is my usual spot

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
£6.50 from 6pm all evening in New Road, if you're looking in that area (or £4.50 London road or Brighton Town Hall)

Chances are, you'll have to pay, just depends whereabouts

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
RCP Car Park - North Road (half way down from station to clock tower) is £5.50 after 5.30pm until 5.00am. Not too bad and pretty central

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Is Madeira Drive easy to get a parking spot from around 6.30 apparently only £2 for 2 hours, then free after 8pm?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Blackman Street is the best value I can find, I’m sure it’s less than £8 also.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
You can park in a parking bay on any street whatsoever (where cars are allowed - not bus lanes of course), where the restrictions end by 8pm. The signs tell you.

Just read the signs and avoid those that have no time on them (sorry to state the obvious, but no time at all on a sign, means 24/7 restriction - e.g. 'permit holders only' with no times displayed at all is a no-no). You can even do a virtual tour on Google Street view first. That's what I do when visiting unknown cities, e.g. when taking my kids to University, I do a virtual tour to find a place to park, and almost never use any car parks.

Isn't that what people do when planning an away trip by car, just have a look at the streets nearby on GSV and find the unrestricted places that some/most cities do have?

Brighton has very little during the day but after 8pm why use car parks unless it's a very busy Saturday night with no bays free?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here