Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bargain buys.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m bored, so, who does the panel think is our best bargain buy in the Amex years?

Restricted to the Amex years so everyone can have an opinion.

After a lot of thought, I think it’s either Glenn Murray, or Dale Stephens, although I think in two years time if asked again, it maybe Andone.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought this was about the January sales. :ffsparr:

Gross, Ryan and Andone. Hope that AJ, Locadia and Balogun are going to be up there as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're still going to be bored because the only answer is Gross.

End of thread.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You're still going to be bored because the only answer is Gross.

End of thread.

Don’t get me wrong, Gross has been very good, and a cracking buy, but, Glenn scores the goals that got us up, and kept us up last season, and only cost 3 million, Stephens has been our best player, overall since we came up from League One, and cost less than a million.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I bought a big batch of iron on Albion badges when the club were still naive enough to sell them.

For the next 50 years, give or take, I am now able to create my own Albion shirts by buying a catalogue Nike Teamwear kit for about £12 and ironing on my own badge.

Bargain!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bernardo Fernandes da Silva Junior looks a great buy for £9M I wonder how long we can keep him, who would have thought 10 years ago we would buy a player for £9M let alone see that as a bit of a bargain.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I bought a big batch of iron on Albion badges when the club were still naive enough to sell them.

For the next 50 years, give or take, I am now able to create my own Albion shirts by buying a catalogue Nike Teamwear kit for about £12 and ironing on my own badge.

Bargain!

Hmm, an anagram of your 'bargain' is cheapskate!:rolleyes:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not Gross. Done nothing this season.

Murray or Bruno definitely best value for money

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don’t get me wrong, Gross has been very good, and a cracking buy, but, Glenn scores the goals that got us up, and kept us up last season, and only cost 3 million, Stephens has been our best player, overall since we came up from League One, and cost less than a million.

I think the issue with Murray is that we gave him away for free to start with. Kinda stops him being our biggest bargain when we had to go back and buy him again. Stephens followed by Gross for me.

Vicente maybe as just for pure ability I doubt we’ll see a better player. He was electric.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here