Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] About time we had one of these - a lovely smug schadenfreude thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Reading:

http://www.royals.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=2d64f4cb379c12bdc26b8292a541a240

Not so many smug "do they mean us?" threads any more eh? Funny that. Oh and it seems Baldock is out long term and they are debating whether this is their worst team in decades. Haha chortle etc

Middlesbrough:
Some lovely threads on here:
https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/index.php
And here:
http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?board=1.0

Never has a three-headed web-fingered bunch of dicks deserved tediocre boring shite so much.

Feel free to add when you see fit. Hopefully we can add Bournemouth, perhaps Burnley, and of course the Nig31s over the coming months. I'd also love to see Portsmouth's boards go into meltdown when they finish in 3rd place. And is it too early to hope Sheffield Wednesday go down again, just for the consequent amusing perusal of OwlsTalk?

Anyway, feel free to add to this over the course of the season...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You list all the clubs I also dislike. Perhaps with the exception of Leeds. Lovely stuff to remember these idiots and their attitudes in the past :)

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Always had a soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday, and they have gone up in my estimation even more since beating Middlesbrough at their place yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how many pages Reading's Injury & Suspension Watch : 2018/2019 thread was, last season, without Baldock.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would be delighted if Reading went down this season. An irritant of a club. All that stuff over the summer about Liam Moore was never going to end well for them. All their club has done is tied down a player who clearly wanted to move, leaving him to stew resentfully in the back four of a team in pitiful (but amusing) decline. Their last home game before Christmas had only about 11,000 Reading fans in attendance, and this will presumably get worse if their current poor form continues.

Still. On the plus side, if they do sink to League One, they'll have a better chance of reaching their world famous (in Berkshire) points tally of 106 again next year, so, y'know...every cloud, Reading fans!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately, it appears that if they do go down, they're likely to be replaced by the Greatest Fans In The World Ever, looking at Pompey's record this season.

Come on Sunderland. Come on Luton (yikes). Come on anybody but the occupants of the Bell End.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The borough board is awash with modern 21st century user names, I see :ffsparr:

Northern wankers.PNG

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Out with anger in with love.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teams I would happily see fail this season (excluding Palace- that goes without saying):

-Burnley. Just because Sean Dyche

-Sheffield Wednesday (they've slipped back to their usual level after a couple of fluke seasons where they reached play offs. Always good to see "massive" clubs forced to recognise their decline)

-Reading (see previous post)

-Swindon (no logical reason, I've just never liked their club)

-Frank Lampard's Derby County FC. Because it's always funny when they stake a claim for promotion and then fluff it, every year

-Aston Villa. Because they whined all summer about their club being in "crisis" (a team who considers a play off final defeat a crisis has no appreciation whatsoever of struggle) and then carried on spending lots of money without selling any of their high value players. Also because Grealish is enormously overrated.

-Southampton. Though it appears their new manager will kick some life back into their lazy squad, sadly. I loved the job Hughes was doing.

-Huddersfield. Bored of the Wagner (he's a friend of Klopp, don't you know?) love-in in the media. Also, they moaned far too much about the game earlier this month, when the fact is, they lost it because they were shitter than us on the day).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh my God. Read the first ten (at least) pages of this "our rivals' results" thread from HNA. Retro joy.

It truly makes for a most satisfying read, especially their joy at our loss to Huddersfield and the eager anticipation of our "annual promotion bottling" (which was never true anyway).

Lovely stuff :lolol:

http://www.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135488&sid=694b588c728bc4e7a57fb492b09b0036

(of course: these days, they're worrying about results from Ipswich and Rotherham, not Brighton, Leeds and Huddersfield) :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ipswich fans - a hateful little bunch of spud pickers.

After a long and personal campaign against Mick McCarthy, who operated under a shoestring with their best players always sold, they sit adrift heading for League One.

Karma.

https://tractor-boys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66283
Another +1 for "a hateful little bunch of spud pickers". Lovely stuff.

Hope they get relegated. Perhaps we could prepare a nonsensical banner if we end up playing them in the cup? I'm thinking "Some clubs McCarthy legend is do while some isn't class what is permanent, like"

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Oh my God. Read the first ten (at least) pages of this "our rivals' results" thread from HNA. Retro joy.

It truly makes for a most satisfying read, especially their joy at our loss to Huddersfield and the eager anticipation of our "annual promotion bottling" (which was never true anyway).

Lovely stuff :lolol:

Lovely stuff indeed. Poor, deluded souls.

I picked out this bitter gem in there...

Brighton have played some decent stuff this season but if the go up you just know they won't play that way.....You just know they'll become more defensive if they go up. Huddersfield on the other hand I can see giving it a real go. Would love em to go up.

Prescient? Perhaps, but of the two of us who is more likely to be seeing a third season of Premier League action and laying sound foundations for the future? Now get back to your relegation struggle, darling. Ha!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another +1 for "a hateful little bunch of spud pickers". Lovely stuff.

Hope they get relegated. Perhaps we could prepare a nonsensical banner if we end up playing them in the cup? I'm thinking "Some clubs McCarthy legend is do while some isn't class what is permanent, like"

I took that as jealous of the stunning Amex, a bunch of carrot-crunching thicko’s bracketed us with MKDons and Reading.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Teams I would happily see fail this season (excluding Palace- that goes without saying):

-Burnley. Just because Sean Dyche

-Sheffield Wednesday (they've slipped back to their usual level after a couple of fluke seasons where they reached play offs. Always good to see "massive" clubs forced to recognise their decline)

-Reading (see previous post)

-Swindon (no logical reason, I've just never liked their club)

-Frank Lampard's Derby County FC. Because it's always funny when they stake a claim for promotion and then fluff it, every year

-Aston Villa. Because they whined all summer about their club being in "crisis" (a team who considers a play off final defeat a crisis has no appreciation whatsoever of struggle) and then carried on spending lots of money without selling any of their high value players. Also because Grealish is enormously overrated.

-Southampton. Though it appears their new manager will kick some life back into their lazy squad, sadly. I loved the job Hughes was doing.

-Huddersfield. Bored of the Wagner (he's a friend of Klopp, don't you know?) love-in in the media. Also, they moaned far too much about the game earlier this month, when the fact is, they lost it because they were shitter than us on the day).

Sean Dyche is one of the few likeable things about Burnley FC for me!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sean Dyche is one of the few likeable things about Burnley FC for me!

I know I included them in my original post, but I can't see what people dislike about Burnley really. Personally I am indifferent to the ginger dalek, Middlesbrough fans seem to hate him more than us after that season - so he must be doing something right. Also, their fans at Reading did a tremendous job of taking the piss out of their 7th placed celebrations, and I have found their fans to be knowledgeable and reasonably modest about their position in football's hierarchy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here