Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Transport yesterday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Admittedly I got a taxi to the game but my return leg could not have been better. I had a beer and a (rather greasy) sausage roll post-match and then strolled straight onto a number 25 bus. I was expecting carnage.

The limited Chelsea trains didn’t turn into the disaster I was expecting either.

How was your trip?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Got a cab to the game.
Stewards on the bridge told us all buses stopped at 6pm and there were only shuttle busses into town. Walked Home only to be told by a mate later, he got off at my stop and was in my local! Ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
The return journey to Sainsburys was not good. Having waited 45 minutes before joining a very long queue we waited over half an hour to board the bus. The problem was not the number of buses but the difficulty they had getting into the university due to the traffic not being managed. Cars were entering the university and doing 3 point turns and blocking the roads so traffic could not move.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Due to the expected lack of public transport booked a parking spot at the Bridge Car Park. No problem getting in but getting out !! Even after waiting around for an hour after full time was an experience I won't be repeating. Pity the poor sods that have to do that regularly.
Club should have told people in further in advance about the shuttle buses. Also bus company indicated buses terminated at 6pm on all bus stops. Lack of communication. Very poor.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Communication wasn't good...we had arsenal fans in our mill hill queue thinking it was going back into brighton and some poor arsenal fan, whose first language wasn't English, who was actually on the bus as it was about to leave, when he asked me if it was going into brighton.

The communication was really non existent

Didn't detract from a fabulous night though..

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Bought a parking ticket for the multi-storey at the Uni. Left on the whistle and leisurely stroll back to the car.
We got home much quicker than we did following the Chelsea Sunday trains fiasco.
Quicker getting away from the Uni than many away games i’ve driven to over the years. So, no complaints from me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
40 minute walk to the ground then a lift back, what's not to like ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The return journey to Sainsburys was not good. Having waited 45 minutes before joining a very long queue we waited over half an hour to board the bus. The problem was not the number of buses but the difficulty they had getting into the university due to the traffic not being managed. Cars were entering the university and doing 3 point turns and blocking the roads so traffic could not move.

The return journey to Sainsburys was excellent.
Left the Family Stand on the final whistle, jogged round to the bus, was home in the further reaches of West Sussex exactly 1 hour after the whistle.

Happy days.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A mate said getting back to Lewes was chaos on the other side

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
A mate said getting back to Lewes was chaos on the other side

I left seat after final player walked off. And strolled rather than rushed to Lewes queue. Had to wait about half an hour or so for the shuttles to come back from Lewes so there was a wait but a fairly orderly one - stewards/signage was fine.. Was back in Chailey at about 8.45pm in the end. Quicker on (normal) trains but hardly chaos.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Admittedly I got a taxi to the game but my return leg could not have been better. I had a beer and a (rather greasy) sausage roll post-match and then strolled straight onto a number 25 bus. I was expecting carnage.

The limited Chelsea trains didn’t turn into the disaster I was expecting either.

How was your trip?

Just you wait till after March, we will be queuing for weeks at the potatoe bar,the pop stars off Africa will be releasing a Christmas song for us, Mark My words...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Took a long time to get back to Lewes ( more than an hour and a half via shuttle bus ) but it was always going to be longer yesterday. All things considered I thought the club did pretty well, no thanks to Southern Rail. It’s just not good enough not to run a service on Boxing Day.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Suffered longer delays on Sunday coming home via M3, M25, M23 due to lane closure, volume of traffic and broken down vehicle.

Yesterday just shows how reliant the club and supporters are on Southern Rail providing a service to relieve the pressure on the roads.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Applauded the players off, walked to the pick-up point at the uni and was met by my very kind wife who'd driven there. Back home in Eastbourne just over half an hour after the final whistle. That is the way to do it. Back to The Bridge Saturday. Must be mad.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We got the 700 bus from Goring Road, Worthing around 2.30.
Got off in North Street around 3.30. Leisurely pint in the Spoons. Walked round corner to get on 25 bus.
On North concourse about 4.30, plenty of time for another pint.
Afterwards, anticipating long waits and lengthy queues, we decided to walk back to Brighton. Left stadium around 7.10, reached city centre around 8pm. Time for a burger then strolled up to the 700 bus stop in Churchill Square. Back home in Worthing by 9.30pm. No dramas, as Maty Ryan might say :thumbs up:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Leisurely pedal back to Southern Cross. Back just before 8. Worst bit was the walk down to the Bridge.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just you wait till after March, we will be queuing for weeks at the potatoe bar,the pop stars off Africa will be releasing a Christmas song for us, Mark My words...

This is the second thread this morning which you have targeted me with a Brexit related post. Do you have any other topics?

PS Potatoe?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Pleasantly surprised, a bus from Brighton station @ about 4pm to the ground, no queue to get on and a reasonable journey time out.

Return leg - a bus to Mill Road Car Park (queued for 25 minutes or so) and an Uber booked + arrived within 5 minutes from Patcham place back to Mid-Sussex.

To improve for the future.. a P&R facility from further north than Pyecombe - Triangle Leisure Centre in Burgess Hill could be a useful alternative..

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Left at the whistle, straight into bus to Pyecombe, home in NW London by 9pm. Way to stadium just as good. Very happy, great job by the club (at least my experience)

:thumbsup:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

How was your trip?

Snap. Substitute crafty fag for sausage roll though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here