Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Unai Emery

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
What did he do towards the end of the match? Chuck a water bottle or something?

Saw a reaction from 15-20 supporters and stewards move in. Seemed to go over and shake a bloke and his kids hands twice apologetically.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kicked a water bottle I think.

Must be frustrating for him managing such a limited team.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SS1 had a mini article about it at h/t Watford v Chelsea, with video clips. He did it when angry with his team and the bottle hit someone.

He apologised to the person a couple of times. End of the matter apparently.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Man throws pie on pitch, gets banned for 4 months

Man kicks water bottle that actually hits someone, no problem.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
On the highlights, I saw him turn and go off to someone on the final whistle, just as Chris walked over.

Thought Chris was going to Klopp him, but luckily he came back to shake Chris's hand just before Chris went ape shit mental again :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Gary Lineker mentioned it on MOTD, showing Emery apologising to the fan after the game.
£10K fine I reckon.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He apologised to the person a couple of times. End of the matter apparently.

Well there we go then...

Wrap a brick in pastry, throw it at the opposition centre forward, show unreserved remorse, apologise profusely, then shuffle off back to your seat. It'd be quite a sight to see 30,000 of these all being thrown at once, with a 'Life of Brian' style mass apology... :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't see his name without thinking......

Dick.jpg

(one for the over 50s)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Seriously, is anybody genuinely angry about this?

Shirley not, but everyone does absolutely love to be "outraged" these days.. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness the fan it hit wasn't Disabled, BAME or otherwise. Emery would have been sacked, Arsenal would have been deducted 36 points and the fan would have been awarded £1.2m from the GoFundMe page, plus a VIP tour of the Emirates.

I'm joking btw. Just labouring the point. :glare:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was seen on TV so think the FA have no choice other to investigate which I suspect will mean checking with the match officials. Doubt anything will come of it but if they weren't seen to check it out then the next time someone does something they don't have a leg to stand on.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Ludicrously not it seems. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46692146 Why the FA want to 'look into it' when the officials said it was dealt with well at the time, I don't know.

And quite right - I saw the anger on his face, just as he walloped the bottle (which was full of water). Sadly he caught it just right and it rose over the barriers and hit a fan. We've seen plenty of managers lose their shit in the dug out, but never in the years at the Amex have I seen one do that. It was reckless, and could have caused injury.

I appreciate that he was angry, and that he apologised after the incident and at the end of the game, but the speed with which he kicked it could have done more damage then it did.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Minor incident.
Lets enjoy the moment that one of Europe's best managers has seen some of the cream of the PL, reduced to hanging on against a more limited but hugely spirited side and has let his frustration spill over. We got to Emery and his players yesterday. They thought they could bully us. They didn't. They couldn't. We wouldn't go away.
I watched him closely yesterday. He is a class act and he will turn Arsenal into a challenging side again. He is pro-active. He doesn't hesitate to change things. He is talking to his players all the time. Simple little hand signals convey the message. He is vibrant and hugely intelligent.
One minor indiscretion highlighted by attention seekers. He apologised immediately and it should be forgotten.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here