Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy propper

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Surprised nobody’s started a thread on him today?. Personally I thought he was excellent. Use of the ball was superb sharp in the tackle and got forward into the box just lacked the final touch for his first goal. A really thorough all round performance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love him, I just want him to kick someone up in the air. :lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Quality performance from a class act, as usual. Tried to get his first Albion goal today as well. Allegedly being scouted by Sevilla, maybe there's a bit more motivation in his play?! I've loved the guy from the start and I think we get maybe 80% out of him. He's capable of so much more and if we played a more counter attacking style I think he'd thrive. Knowing we have either Stephens or Bissouma as defensive cover would let him be freed and I think it would be to our benefit.

In summary, Propper good player. :jester:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Quality performance from a class act, as usual. Tried to get his first Albion goal today as well. Allegedly being scouted by Sevilla, maybe there's a bit more motivation in his play?! I've loved the guy from the start and I think we get maybe 80% out of him. He's capable of so much more and if we played a more counter attacking style I think he'd thrive. Knowing we have either Stephens or Bissouma as defensive cover would let him be freed and I think it would be to our benefit.

In summary, Propper good player. :jester:

I think the progression into 4-3-3 will suit him along with locadia

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
In a perfect world, where all are fit and positions are filled, how anyone not wanting Stephens and Propper from the start amazes me.

Stephens was great today but wouldn't be in my starting lineup. Regularly slows down play, passes backwards or sideways, gives the ball away or gives away stupid fouls in dangerous places. Showed today however what he can do when he looks up but Bissouma will overtake him by the end of the season IMO

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stephens was great today but wouldn't be in my starting lineup. Regularly slows down play, passes backwards or sideways, gives the ball away or gives away stupid fouls in dangerous places. Showed today however what he can do when he looks up but Bissouma will overtake him by the end of the season IMO

But everyone else seems to play better with Stephens behind them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Not at all with you on that, but all down to opinions. And those of CH of course.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I love him, I just want him to kick someone up in the air. :lol:

I wished he’d kicked their number 29 up in the air a bit more than he was, what an annoying little **** and a waste of a polyester jersey he was.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If you want to know if an Albion fan has any idea about football just ask them what they think of Propper.

If they’re in the group who’ve always realised he’s a class act they probably know what they’re talking about, if they don’t rate him you can easily ignore their opinion on just about everything else as they don’t understand the sport. I’ve used the rule on here for a while.

Not a very good screening if you ask me, that means about 90% of albion fans know the game well. As much as I think we have a set of fans who are smarter than average, that's an unrealistic figure.

The best way is actually to ask them what they think of Stephens, and within about 10 seconds you will know the depth of knowledge they have.

He's a fantastic barometer since Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here