Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] are we ever going to get a ref that can see better than me ...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i presume they are on 4 or 5 k a week the rinsing , pony , irritating ***** ....for **** sake most of em are blind as bats .....VR can't come quick enough , this shit is costing people lots of money .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Thought the ref had a good game. The Murray effort was cancelled because the keeper probably had the ball under control and was impeded as the ball ran to the line.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Which thing are you complaining about in the first half which would have been fixed by VAR?

just bitching in general ....thought Muzzas disallowed goal was 50/50 at best he got to it without endangering the keeper , Montoya's yellow was questionable at best ....he got a lot of the ball .bit disappointed we didn't batter the keeper a bit more ....he was well suspect ...i'd be lumping on liverpool to do them about 5 -0 minimum

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Thought the ref had a good game. The Murray effort was cancelled because the keeper probably had the ball under control and was impeded as the ball ran to the line.

The ball was kicked out of his hands. Right decision.

Their goal was offside. A player was clearing offside in the buildup and interfered with play.

Behave! Lacazette knew he was offside, made no attempt to play the ball as he knew he was offside. After 5/10 seconds, Bernardo’s attempted clearance hits Lacazette and then finds it way to Aubemyang. 100% goal.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t think he had it under control.

That granted, Murray stuck his knee up to stop him reaching it as it got to the line. May even have been a hand involved. Think we would have raging in a reverse situation.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Behave! Lacazette knew he was offside, made no attempt to play the ball as he knew he was offside. After 5/10 seconds, Bernardo’s attempted clearance hits Lacazette and then finds it way to Aubemyang. 100% goal.

Yep, correct decision. Maybe we could have scored from that corner shortly after that never was but the ref incorrectly gave us?!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The ball hadn't been cleared upfield when he blocked the attempted clearance, so it was still in the first phase. Offside all day long.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The ball hadn't been cleared upfield when he blocked the attempted clearance, so it was still in the first phase. Offside all day long.

Agree. 100% offside for me. Lost count of the amount of points we have potentially lost due to incorrect or, at the very least arguable, offside calls. I'd suggest with VAR overall this season we would perhaps have 3 or 4 extra points already.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Spot on with both points. Absolutely nothing wrong with their goal the way the offside law currently is written and Murray’s was so much a foul it’s laughable anyone would suggest otherwise.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Spot on with both points. Absolutely nothing wrong with their goal the way the offside law currently is written and Murray’s was so much a foul it’s laughable anyone would suggest otherwise.

This. In fact there were 2 or 3 fouls potentially to get that ball over the line, if it crossed it at all, I couldnt tell!! It would have been a dubious VAR in rugby

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
just bitching in general ....thought Muzzas disallowed goal was 50/50 at best he got to it without endangering the keeper , Montoya's yellow was questionable at best ....he got a lot of the ball .bit disappointed we didn't batter the keeper a bit more ....he was well suspect ...i'd be lumping on liverpool to do them about 5 -0 minimum

And their goal started with an off side interception.

Not bringing in VAR now is like not bringing in a vaccine for the common cold now because it may undermine the hanky industry.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw19k_RLAHr41ql1m2VBsi_7&ust=1545959466990744

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

And their goal started with an off side interception.

Not bringing in VAR now is like not bringing in a vaccine for the common cold now because it may undermine the hanky industry.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw19k_RLAHr41ql1m2VBsi_7&ust=1545959466990744
even though i have shares in the biggest hanky factory in Taipei i couldn't agree more .....:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So, in the same scenario the player was in an offside position from a though ball in the middle of the pitch which he didn't run towards and Ryan controlled the ball a yard outside of his box, the player then run towards Ryan, the clearance hit him and rebounded into the goal, would that have been allowed ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here