Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Japan and Whaling

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So the Japanese are going to resume commercial whaling against international opinion, as opposed to the 'scientific' whaling they have continued to do. Should the world react by not buying Japanese products and hitting them in their pocket or should we not bother. Will they shortly be resuming trading in ivory etc?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So the Japanese are going to resume commercial whaling against international opinion, as opposed to the 'scientific' whaling they have continued to do. Should the world react by not buying Japanese products and hitting them in their pocket or should we not bother. Will they shortly be resuming trading in ivory etc?

The trend of asserting national identity is growing, facilitated by the 'success' of Trump.

The time to start worring will be when Germany decides '**** it with the EU, the bloody frogs and greeks, let's just do what we want'.

As for the Japanese, they have clearly decided they can 'farm' this 'food' sustainably. We shall see. We can boycott Toyota if we want, but I'll still be drinking Miso soup.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I thought this was going to be a "things to do on holiday thread" :ohmy:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

We haven't boycotted Iceland and Norway so nothing will happen for Japan

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why did the whale cross the road?

To get to the other tide.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Oh stop blubbering...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad news but it has been coming for some time, It is still a little surprising as I was under the impression there was little Japanese home market for whalemeat ? unless they are going after them for the oils ? As for a boycott ? we are all a little to dependant on trade with japan to kick up a full boycott on anything.

Could do with stopping this too but sadly China will do what it wants.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2016/07/shark-fin-soup-campaign-illegal/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmmm, well that puts the kibosh on my plans for a 'beach holiday in Japan'.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A protest meeting by PETA will be held later today at the Amex in Moby Dick's bar.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just dolphin about it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The meeting with PETA has been cancelled, a official email suggested Whale Meat Again Don’t Know Where Don’t Know When .

Thank You And Goodnight

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
One that really need to be spoken, 'How do you get two whales in a Mini?' 'Go up the M23 then down the M4.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here