Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] i Pad help for the elderly

abc

Jan 6, 2007
My 86 year old Mum has been keen to access the internet and so I gave her an i pad for Christmas. She is very excited but I can tell already that I may have underestimated just what a big leap it is from zero IT knowledge to just operating the very basic functions required to surf! My Mum is pretty capable if she has simple instructions laid out, so a very basic book or guide could really be helpful. Can anyone suggest something that would work for an older person that starts with the real basics such as how to switch on and then builds gently and clearly from there?

Thank you

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There are a lot of iPad for Seniors books available.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Should have got her a google tablet then she could have customised it and oh so much more than on an iPad.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Apple do some lessons in store that can be booked. Free I think and it’ll show the basic stuff

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
My dad -- 90 -- loves his, and had never used a computer at all till he got the iPad two years ago. He was seriously adverse to learning, though my mom had computers in the house for almost 30 years before then - She was a schoolteacher.

They had a do at the local senior center where they paired them's that knew how, and them's that wanted to learn -- in a couple of hours he was all set to keep track of his 19 grandchildren on FB, do his crossword puzzle, etc.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
A quick youtube search shows a few ipad for dummies and learn ipad videos - they might be useful before you splash the cash on a book?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here