PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Wednesday 26th December 2018
Kick-off: 17:15 GMT
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Kevin Friend

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Shane Duffy is available after a three-match ban and will replace the suspended Lewis Dunk.

Wingers Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Jose Izquierdo remain sidelined by injuries.

Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been ruled out for up to six weeks with a broken foot, while Nacho Monreal and Shkodran Mustafi are doubts because of hamstring injuries.

Hector Bellerin, Danny Welbeck, Rob Holding, Konstantinos Mavropanos and Emile Smith Rowe remain out.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: Chris Hughton will be irritated that Brighton have lost their last three and picked up another red card - Lewis Dunk's dismissal at Bournemouth was their third sending off in seven games.

The cushion that Brighton enjoy between them and the bottom four might look comforting, but you can bet that Hughton will not see it that way. Consistency has been his watchword and they must not let that slip away.

It's a squad game at this time of year, as Arsenal head coach Unai Emery is discovering with defenders Bellerin, Mustafi, Holding, Koscielny, Kolasinac and Sokratis all being forced to miss games recently.

With a trip to Anfield on Saturday, the Spaniard might be tempted to shuffle his pack again.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "When you're Brighton in the Premier League, only in your second season, every period for us is a tricky period. Every game that we play is a difficult game.

"We're going through a number of games in a short period of time, and we'll have to play at a level to get something from the matches."

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery: "Brighton is the same, a very tough match physically, very organised and, like with Burnley, a very good coach who is working very well.

"It is a challenge and I respect those teams a lot because they also have good players. They decide to do a line-up with physical players with a lot of crosses for the strikers for heading in our box.

"We need to defend very far in our box to defend better against that."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton ended a five-match losing streak in this fixture with a 2-1 victory in the most recent meeting nearly 10 months ago.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won each of their last three home games against Arsenal in the top flight.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have suffered three successive Premier League defeats. They have not lost four in a row in a top-flight season since 1982-83.
    [*=left]Their defeat by Chelsea on 16 December was only their second home loss in 11 Premier League games (W5, D4).
    [*=left]However, five of their six home league defeats since promotion have come against the established top six.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have kept just three clean sheets in their last 20 league games, conceding 33 goals.
    [*=left]Brighton haven't won in nine Boxing Day fixtures since beating QPR 1-0 in 2005 (D3, L6).
Arsenal

• [*=left]A fifth win in nine Premier League away games this season would ensure Arsenal surpass their points tally on the road for the whole of 2017-18.
    [*=left]They could become the first team to score at least twice in each of their opening nine away games in a top-flight campaign.
    [*=left]Arsenal have lost just one of their last 13 league fixtures on Boxing Day (W10, D2).
    [*=left]The Gunners have scored an unrivalled 29 second-half goals in 2018-19.
    [*=left]Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the division's leading scorer this season, with 12 goals. He has scored 22 goals in 31 Premier League appearances for Arsenal, five more than any other player for the club after 31 games in the competition; Thierry Henry is next, on 17.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Bruno in for Montoya and Duffy in for Dunk are the 100% certain changes. Also fully expecting Murray and Stephens to start.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
So Emery thinks we are a physical side - right let’s go and give them a good kicking then!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Possibly lowest actual attendance of the season, surely? Boxing day so lots away anyway, plus no trains and on telly... Can't really blame people for not bothering

Edit: wrong quote :rolleyes:

What is the train situation? It looks like Brighton to Falmer is running every 10 mins, and there are trains running from London Bridge to Brighton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What is the train situation? It looks like Brighton to Falmer is running every 10 mins, and there are trains running from London Bridge to Brighton?

What's your source for this please? I didn't think there were any trains to Falmer today?

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
What's your source for this please? I didn't think there were any trains to Falmer today?

Oh sorry- they are coming up on the National Rail journey planner but maybe that does not reflect the situation today.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Free shuttle services From 2pm by the looks of it from Brighton Station and Lewes.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...important-travel-info-ahead-of-arsenal-match/

Brighton & Hove Albion supporters are being advised of the following important travel information ahead of the Premier League fixture against Arsenal at the Amex on Boxing Day, kick-off 5.15pm.

All supporters are asked to head to the stadium as early as possible regardless of how they are travelling.

Due to no train services operating on the day, please take note of the following:

Park & Rides: Both Brighton Racecourse (BN2 9XZ) & Mill Road (BN1 8ZF) will be open from 2:15pm.

Pyecombe Equestrian Centre (BN45 7ED) park and ride is now fully booked, and no further spaces will be available, however for those who have booked this service will commence at 2.15pm.

You will be dropped off close to the Amex at the north side bus stop at Brighton University, and after the match this will be the location for your return trip.

Click here to view the map of Pyecombe Equestrian Centre.

Map of north side of Brighton University.

The Sainsbury’s West Hove (BN3 7GD) Park and ride/pre-booked walk up, is now fully booked with no remaining availability. The car park will be open at 2.15pm.

You will be dropped off close to the Amex at the south side bus stop at Brighton University, and this will be your location for your return journey back to Sainsbury's car park.

Map of Sainsburys car park

Map of south side bus stop at Brighton university

Brighton Station (BN1 3XP) Shuttle Service.

From 2pm we will be operating a free shuttle service from the bus stop D, Queens Road to the bus stop at the A27 by Falmer station – please note if supporters choose this option, they should be aware that they will have to walk up a flight of stairs and across the footbridge to access the stadium.

For this service there is no need to book, just turn up and our shuttle buses will pick you up.

For your return trip, your pick-up point will be from the A27 bus stop where you have been dropped off.

Lewes Railway Station (BN7 2UP) shuttle service

We will be operating a free shuttle service from the bus stop facing the entrance of Lewes station, and this service will run direct in to the Coach Park at the Amex, for this service there is no need to pre-book, just turn up and our shuttles buses will pick you up.

This service will commence at 2pm.

For the return trip, you will be picked up from the Coach Park at the Amex.

Car Parks: The Bridge (Car Park B) and Sussex University (Car Park C) both car parks are fully allocated and completely sold out, and there will be no cash sales on the day.

Brighton University - Lower Car Park (BN1 9SG) Will be open to pre-booked ticket holders from 2.15pm, and to access this car park, drive into Village Way, onto the university campus, down to the bottom of the road where the entrance to the car park on the left, directly facing the Virgin Active entrance.

Map of Lower car park (Brighton University)
University of Sussex Multi Story Car Park, Arts Road, BN1 9RG

This car park has now sold out and will be open for ticket holders from 2.15pm. All vehicles accredited to park at the University of Sussex must enter via Stanmer Park, as there will be no entry at Falmer or Knights Gate.

Map of car park 7 multi story – Sussex University

Village Way will be extremely busy and congested, and supporters are advised to avoid this area both pre and post-match, unless they have pre-booked parking.

Parking: No local street parking will be available for football supporters, as all areas have a residents parking scheme in operation, and enforcement officers will be on patrol.

Seagull Travel: Are running addition services to supplement their normal matchday operation from various locations, and limited spaces are available to pre-book via their website.

Bus Services: Brighton & Hove Bus Company will be operating a restricted service on the day, and the bus stops along Village Way will be suspended for this match, therefore the 25 service will be dropping off and picking up from the A27 bus stop by Falmer station.

Drop-offs & Pick-ups: There will be no pick-ups or drop-offs along Village Way, or at the Woollard Way (entrance to the Bridge car park), and supporters are advised to use our official drop off and pick up point located at University of Sussex, where our drop off point is in car park 5, located by the Sports Hall.

This drop-off/pick-up point is a short walk through the underpass to the Amex Stadium. There is also free shuttle bus in operation.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Had to look it up.
ingrate noun [ C ]
uk ​ /ˈɪŋ.ɡreɪt/ us ​ /ˈɪŋ.ɡreɪt/ literary

a person who is not grateful

Always grateful. It's not match day without ***Official Match Thread***
Just that it normally comes up at 6:30 am

I had to do it on my phone with my fat fingers because no broadband.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
All winning or losing runs must come to an end sometime - so it's about time we won on Boxing Day!

We never win on Boxing day, Arsenal never lose.
All runs must eventually come to an end......but not today.
I have been known to be mistaken in the past, but not today.
I am a very optimistic person.......but........

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We never win on Boxing day, Arsenal never lose.
All runs must eventually come to an end......but not today.
I have been known to be mistaken in the past, but not today.
I am a very optimistic person.......but........

Plus my wife is joining us today, so it DEFINATELY won't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here