Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official 'excuse for poor atmosphere today', thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After the frankly embarrassing 'support' v Chelsea what will today's excuse be?

No trains.
Late kick-off.
Too soon after Christmas.
Players didn't clap me.
My head hurts.
Sing when we're winning.
Shhhhh I'm reading.
We only have one song.

That's right people the boy Stat is taking no prisoners.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Those that came dressed as blue seats never sing

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Atmosphere was decent to begin with v chelsea. Then we started playing so passively shit for about 2/3rds of the game that it killed everyone's enthusiasm. Picked up again when we actually started trying to play some football ourselves again.

Said it before but people who moan about the atmosphere at the Amex need to get out and experience a few other grounds around the country. The Amex is no worse than most, better than quite a few grounds for atmosphere.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with [MENTION=36011]BN41Albion[/MENTION] for the most part.

However, my excuse today is that I keep losing my voice, 3 weeks now and it hasn't been the same since the thrashing of palace. :ffsparr:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Which will be the actual answer for the rest of the season.

I do hope you aren't right. In normal situations where my throat hasn't been sanded to a pulpy mess, I like a good shout and sing. Sure I stand out a little in the gentrified East Stand but I've been making a lot of noise at the football since I was 6 and I have no intention of stopping now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

No trains.
Late kick-off.
Players didn't clap me.
My head hurts.
Sing when we're winning.
Shhhhh I'm reading.
We only have one song.

Not going? Or is that bible talking bollocks?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Atmosphere was decent to begin with v chelsea. Then we started playing so passively shit for about 2/3rds of the game that it killed everyone's enthusiasm. Picked up again when we actually started trying to play some football ourselves again.

Said it before but people who moan about the atmosphere at the Amex need to get out and experience a few other grounds around the country. The Amex is no worse than most, better than quite a few grounds for atmosphere.

Pretty much bang on the money

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Late kick off, under the lights, more time for drinking, I don’t think there will be a problem today.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
A poor atmosphere will ensue as soon as the back pass, sideways pass, forwards, backpass, sideways pass, backpass, backpass, Maty kicks, sideways pass, backpass, sideways pass starts....

The crowd always react well when we're having a go. Always... I've never once seen us run at a team and the crowd be silent.

For most people, Boxing Day is quite lethargic due to the excesses of the day before - but if you're motivated to shout, cheer and sing I'm sure you can battle through!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A poor atmosphere will ensue as soon as the back pass, sideways pass, forwards, backpass, sideways pass, backpass, backpass, Maty kicks, sideways pass, backpass, sideways pass starts....

The crowd always react well when we're having a go. Always... I've never once seen us run at a team and the crowd be silent.

For most people, Boxing Day is quite lethargic due to the excesses of the day before - but if you're motivated to shout, cheer and sing I'm sure you can battle through!

Exactly. Us English have always been more reactive to what goes on on the pitch in terms of atmosphere. Nothing wrong with that imo - I prefer it to the droning atmospheres you get abroad overall. I get that atmospheres here aren't what they used to be though overall, but i do think we over-hype the atmosphere in other European countries . Been to a few games abroad and other than a few hundred/a thousand or so ultras singing constantly, most of the rest of the ground was completely passive - barely getting up when goals went in let alone shouting/letting the ref know he's a w*nker, etc. Dortmund for example ... Great atmosphere from the ultras, but i was chatting to a mate and completely didn't realise the second half had kicked off for a while.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

No trains.
Late kick-off.
Players didn't clap me.
My head hurts.
Sing when we're winning.
Shhhhh I'm reading.
We only have one song.

BS... if the Amex atmosphere is not up to your high standards than that is down to what is happening on the pitch, so aim your misplaced vitriol at our beloved manager and players, you [emoji1782]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

I agree to an extent, but we could actually be "good" with a few adjustments. These have all been listed many times before but the main one is coordination needed between the two sets of NS singers, if that be a sparingly used drum then so be it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I agree to an extent, but we could actually be "good" with a few adjustments. These have all been listed many times before but the main one is coordination needed between the two sets of NS singers, if that be a sparingly used drum then so be it.

I do agree it could be better with more coordination. No doubt. But that's very different from the claim that our support is/was 'frankly embarrasing'

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BS... if the Amex atmosphere is not up to your high standards than that is down to what is happening on the pitch, so aim your misplaced vitriol at our beloved manager and players, you [emoji1782]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright Mr Wiggins keep your lyrca on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here