Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s a special day today!

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
On December 27th 1958, an 11 year old boy who wasn't very good at playing football, watched Brighton and Hove Albion beat Fulham 3-0 from the East terrace of the Goldstone. A Passionate and enduring love affair began that day. Hoping to celebrate the anniversary with a repeat of last seasons Arsenal game!

And I still get goosebumps when I watch us playing in the Premier League in our fabulous stadium.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Enjoy! It’s my mum’s birthday today. Hopefully, they’ll read her name out at HT. I’ll have to make sure she puts her hearing aids in before we leave the house.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On December 27th 1958, an 11 year old boy who wasn't very good at playing football, watched Brighton and Hove Albion beat Fulham 3-0 from the East terrace of the Goldstone. A Passionate and enduring love affair began that day. Hoping to celebrate the anniversary with a repeat of last seasons Arsenal game!

And I still get goosebumps when I watch us playing in the Premier League in our fabulous stadium.
Was that our record 36,000 crowd day?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

36,000?

What were the trains like?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

This :

ts.jpg

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
As far as I remember, no problem, we were living in Lancing then and would have got to the Goldstone by train. But then that was a golden age when trains always ran on time, and we always had a White Christmas!
36,000?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not at Brighton or Hove they weren't! And even if Fulham had commissioned their own train for their supporters, it wouldn't have been from the LNER.

Do you work in the film industry by any chance? - I believe they employ people to find shots of inappropriate trains when train scenes are needed.

9785637081_b75b2cdc4c_b.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*Cough* It's the 26th today *cough* :rolleyes:

Some time in the Spring it will be my 50th anniversary of my first game. :cheers:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That would be the Horsham Flyer aka Steyning Stinker.
The trains to Lancing would've been a 4-CEP electric train (get me)!
Not in 1958 it wouldn't have been a 4-CEP - these new units were originally employed on the Kent lines only. The coastal services would have been 4-LAVs, 2-BILS and 2-HALs, and the match day post-match Hove - Brighton special was often a 6-PAN or a 4-COR.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here