Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Christmas comedy - this board is my last hope

A rare occasion for we Pottings to sit down as a family and watch TV all together - I very rarely do. What is the first thing I see tonight - Michael McIntyre Christmas show and then we switched channels and James Corden was on. Without having my judgment clouded by having watched them on TV before I heartily agree with the views expressed by many on this board regarding these two "Comedians"/"Light Entertainers".

To restore my faith in UK Comedy suggestions from the wise ones of this board as to what 30' show/episode, current or past, I should stream before bedtime to expunge my memories of this evening's TV?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A rare occasion for we Pottings to sit down as a family and watch TV all together - I very rarely do. What is the first thing I see tonight - Michael McIntyre Christmas show and then we switched channels and James Corden was on. Without having my judgment clouded by having watched them on TV before I heartily agree with the views expressed by many on this board regarding these two "Comedians"/"Light Entertainers".

To restore my faith in UK Comedy suggestions from the wise ones of this board as to what 30' show/episode, current or past, I should stream before bedtime to expunge my memories of this evening's TV?

The Young Ones "Bambi" or BlackAdder "The Queen of Spain's Beard"

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Or
https://www.google.com/search?q=you...droid-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Or

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On BBC last night we watched ‘Victoria Wood with all the trimmings’. A one off for Christmas 2000, it was so funny, she was a writing genius. It included parodies of period dramas and a whole load of brilliantly silly sketches, with a great supporting cast including Alan Rickman.

Just watched this - comedy faith restored. Almost forgotten that in the first series Edmund was more of a dimwit than Baldrick and that Brian Blessed gave nicely restrained performance :)

Just watched this - comedy faith restored. Almost forgotten that in the first series Edmund was more of a dimwit than Baldrick and thet Brian Blessed gave a nicely restrained performance :)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The desperate hours - Steptoe & Son ( a classic performance from Leonard Rossister)
A quiet night in - Porridge (simply brilliant from Ronnie B and Richard Beckinsale)

Any Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
On BBC last night we watched ‘Victoria Wood with all the trimmings’. A one off for Christmas 2000, it was so funny, she was a writing genius. It included parodies of period dramas and a whole load of brilliantly silly sketches, with a great supporting cast including Alan Rickman.

I liked that the first twice I watched it, but my sister in law has it on dvd, so every other year we have to watch it. It wears a bit thin after the sixth or seventh time.
Those who watch Macintyre tonight, would have heard Glen Murray get a mention.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here