Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Heritage Orchestra - Pete Tong

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Merry xmas !

Feel free to merge with another music thread mods. (thought this might be worth a plug)

Has anyone been to see any of these or are they old news? (actually I think this one is just weeks old) Brilliant viewing and listening today (imo) loads of "ibiza"/dance classics at the Albert Hall/O2, its quite a watch and listen if you have got youtube on your telly

I've never bought tickets a year before an event but I am very tempted by this next December

Last edited:

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I went to this gig, having been to his one the year before. Many of the classic dance anthems...great visuals and beautifully orchestrated. Well worth going in my view. Have already booked again for next year's show on the Friday night...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Probably more fun in a park in summer?

Also, the cover of Galvanize is painful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In my opinion this is more interesting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_Brass

Acid Brass is a musical collaboration between Turner-Prize-winning artist Jeremy Deller and the Williams Fairey Brass Band. The project is based on fusing the music of a traditional brass band with acid house and Detroit techno. Deller saw a connection between the two apparently disparate genres, viewing them as "two authentic forms of folk art rooted in specific communities".

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
In my opinion this is more interesting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_Brass

Acid Brass is a musical collaboration between Turner-Prize-winning artist Jeremy Deller and the Williams Fairey Brass Band. The project is based on fusing the music of a traditional brass band with acid house and Detroit techno. Deller saw a connection between the two apparently disparate genres, viewing them as "two authentic forms of folk art rooted in specific communities".

I saw the very first performance of Acid Brass in Liverpool about 20 years ago.

bhafc1976

Apr 16, 2015
I went to the O2 one at the beginning of December. It was bloody brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Am I right in thinking this all started with Elvis and the Royal Philharmonic where someone who was making a lot of money from the rebranded songs said "it is how Elvis would have wanted it". What tosh. We've had Roy Orbison and this Christmas it was The Carpenters with Richard Carpenter saying "it is how Karen would have wanted it". NO.
Stick to Glen Miller Medleys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw the very first performance of Acid Brass in Liverpool about 20 years ago.

:thumbsup:

I saw it performed at the band stand at the De La Warr in Bexhill around 10 years or so ago. It was part of a Jeremy Deller retrospective. He’s a interesting artist and I’ve seen a few of his shows and presentations and things.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Wife went to it at the O2 this year. She's 'musical' (plays a few instruments to a good standard) so appreciated the orchestra. She's also into the dance music Pete Tong plays, so naturally she was blown away by the whole thing.

She took some videos and played them back, and it did look impressive. The ticket price was eye watering, but the venue and sheer amount of people to organise and pay must be frighteningly expensive!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here