Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Christmas day drinking official match thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've gone alcohol free today for the first Christmas Day since my teens. No particular reason, just didn't fancy it. And I have to say, I've enjoyed the day a hundred times more than normal for it.

I take it you have not turned the telly on ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Started on London Pride then Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner then just had Brandy Coffee and about to move on to Remy VSOP. May have to have vintage port with my cheese later. hence not driving to the Amex tomorrow.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Blonde IPA 16 degrees...and some bloke has bought rum for everybody in the bar...twice. It's not even xmas for them anymore. Their xmas is 24th!!!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Paulaner weissbier whilst cooking, Mayerling Creme D'Alsace with the starter, Alsace Pinot Blanc/Amalaya Malbec/Wallace McLaren Vale Shiraz Grenache with the turkey, Royal Tokaj Late Harvest with dessert. Shame my parents aren't big drinkers and have left me to finish the remnants !!! We never got to the cheese board and Port

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Paulaner weissbier whilst cooking, Mayerling Creme D'Alsace with the starter, Alsace Pinot Blanc/Amalaya Malbec/Wallace McLaren Vale Shiraz Grenache with the turkey, Royal Tokaj Late Harvest with dessert. Shame my parents aren't big drinkers and have left me to finish the remnants !!! We never got to the cheese board and Port

I must be half cut, just poured myself another glass and there is a full one next to my seat!!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A heady combination of tea, iced water and pop. I’m 3 hours into a 13 hour night shift.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
A very late start after a load of Stoli last night following Midnight mass.

Luckily this meant I was sober to take one of the dogs to the vets this afternoon before a late dinner. Austrian white as aperitif, St Emillion with dinner, rum punch, more Stoli, Sloe Gin. Saving the Port for my return from the Amex.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Quick run with the dog first thing, coffee fruit and egg on toast, food prep, turkey in
DoW for a few pints of Dark star APA
Finished food prep, ate with a nice Barolo.
Cheese and port to wind up.

Probably drank 2L of fizzy water as well. No hangover!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tequila, cider, red wine, Bailey's, brandy, cider, red wine, sherry, tequila, tequila red wine, tequila

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I ended up on white wine pretty much all day at a sensible pace (aside from a beer when I arrived). What felt like non-stop eating for 10 hours probably saved me. Got home at 11pm and sat in front of the telly with a JD & Coke, started nodding off, went to bed.

Woke up this morning, scampered to the toilet like a monkey carrying its young - and... I can tell you Southern Water will be earning their money today. :ohmy:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Had a good drink Christmas Eve and Day that's me done now might have one to see in the New Year but apart from that a dry January for me

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here