Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Christmas day drinking official match thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tea so far, going out for a bit of fresh air and will then be on it, big time [emoji898][emoji898][emoji16]Updates to follow

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It'll start at about 1pm, and end at about Midnight... and it'll mainly be wine.

Got a lovely bottle of 2011 Gran Reserva Rioja waiting for the right moment. :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Being a good boy this year so have not started yet.... will probably pop in to Brooksteed for a couple about 12 and from then on …….

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
11:30 pub opens drink until 13:30 home Shepard's pie into oven drink forget to get Shepard's pie out until burnt continue to drink pass out around 15:00 the perfect Christmas Day

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Closing in on 50 years old and a I've slowly but surely become bored of drink. I enjoy an occasional Brandy or Scotch as a nightcap, but drinking during the day just makes me tired. I'll be going to the pub with family at lunchtime and will have a couple to be sociable but I'd rather have a cup of tea or a coke. I'm boring these days, but I like it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Bottle of Bush de Nôel Belgian Christmas beer. Pub at Noon then a glass of fizz, various Red Wines and Port

I had a beer called Bush in Ghent...It was very strong if I remember.. to be fair I don't remember much of that afternoon.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I had a beer called Bush in Ghent...It was very strong if I remember.. to be fair I don't remember much of that afternoon.

Aye, 12.5% but deceptively drinkable. That's why it'll just be the one. I first tried it in Ghent many years ago and have always had a bottle on Christmas Day since then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
40896868-9754-49F5-909C-238D8475470C.jpeg

What?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Aye, 12.5% but deceptively drinkable. That's why it'll just be the one. I first tried it in Ghent many years ago and have always had a bottle on Christmas Day since then.

Lots of nice Belgian Christmas/Winter ales around, St Bernardus used to do a good one plus the aged Kasteel Donker the name of which I forget, is marvellously warming too. Might be called Cuvee de Chateau ...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here