Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Biggest Up Themselves TV Presenter?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For me, has to be Mark Kermode, the DOYEN of up themselves TV Presenters

You?

It's odd. I really like him on the radio with the fake Doctor, and really liked his documentary on Blade Runner, but I hated his recent TV series and agree that generally he's shocking on camera.

Most up themselves TV presenter? Got to be Piers, shirley?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry, can't agree with that. he lives, eats and breathes film in all its forms. Even if he himself dislikes a film he always explains why, and how it failed for him but applauds the writer/director for trying . He will also re-visit a film and view it from the perspective of other peoples viewing and if he is still unsure he will say along the lines of " The film did not work for me but, you go, see it for yourself and you will either feel the same or come away with different feelings."

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sorry, can't agree with that. he lives, eats and breathes film in all its forms. Even if he himself dislikes a film he always explains why, and how it failed for him but applauds the writer/director for trying . He will also re-visit a film and view it from the perspective of other peoples viewing and if he is still unsure he will say along the lines of " The film did not work for me but, you go, see it for yourself and you will either feel the same or come away with different feelings."

Obviously you're referring to the OP's opinion on Kermode. I completely agree with you. I think he is an excellent presenter, and film critic, humble and responsive to the opinions of others. It helps that I am generally on his wavelength, and usually agree with his critiques, but I don't think that it would matter if I didn't.

I also love his radio show with Simon Mayo on Five Live - they both come across as really likeable blokes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Still more than a bit up himself tho eh? Hence the massively contrived visual image.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Still more than a bit up himself tho eh? Hence the massively contrived visual image.

For " a contrived visual image " try watching Jonathon Ross, he looks like his own Madame Tussauds waxwork these days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you mean his quiff? I don't think it's fair to say someone is up himself because of his choice of hairstyle!

Reckon it's totally fair game to judge a presenter by their highly contrived image/hairstyle. Strongly suggests they take themselves that wee bit too seriously :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here