Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Flat White Coffee

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Quick question whilst sitting at my desk...why is Flat White coffee only sold as one size ? whilst all the others can be sold as small, medium or large

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think it’s meant to be a defined ratio of coffee to milk. In general the larger sizes (if based on an espresso shot) just have more and more milk added- further diluting the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quick question whilst sitting at my desk...why is Flat White coffee only sold as one size ? whilst all the others can be sold as small, medium or large

More to the point, what UK citizen ever even knew what a Flat White coffee was before googling it before venturing into Starbucks or the local painfully trendy 'small batch' equivalent? In anybody's house you ever went to, you were only ever asked if you wanted milk and sugar.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only weirdos put milk in their coffee.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
More to the point, what UK citizen ever even knew what a Flat White coffee was before googling it before venturing into Starbucks or the local painfully trendy 'small batch' equivalent? In anybody's house you ever to, you were only ever asked if you wanted milk and sugar.

They were drinking these in the 90’s in the diner at Summer Bay on Home and Away. Just sayin like

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
From my time as a barista I can remember that it came from Australia and you can only get it in one size other wise it would just be a latte as the proportion of coffee to milk would be off.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
From my time as a barista I can remember that it came from Australia and you can only get it in one size other wise it would just be a latte as the proportion of coffee to milk would be off.

Doesn't make sense though Shirley? You would just increase said ratio of milk to coffee accordingly depending on size.

There again, maybe l'm just a :dunce:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Clearly not a real coffee drinker, every coffee drinker knows the choices include primo, medio, assimo, small, regular, short, tall, grande, venti.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here