Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] He’s gone.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've grown to hate R2, my boss has it on all day. Boring people playing boring music interspersed with guests who are plugging their latest book/film/CD/wotever, with the whole lot broken up with endless BBC adverts for endless BBC shite that I will never watch or listen to.

Oh, and Happy Christmas.

You had best not turn on Daytime tv then, that's far worse !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Most on here have already declared me a shite actor without actually knowing who I am :)
I had a bit of a dig at a radio DJ. It really doesn’t warrant a protracted dissection. I have made my point, you have made yours.
So look, it’s Christmas Eve , I certainly don’t intend to spend it on here justifying myself to strangers . I’m gonna open a beer and enjoy time with my loved ones. I hope you have the same in your life.
Genuinely, have a lovely Christmas and I hope it’s a top one.
All the best.
TC
Merry Christmas Nibble.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I've grown to hate R2, my boss has it on all day. Boring people playing boring music interspersed with guests who are plugging their latest book/film/CD/wotever, with the whole lot broken up with endless BBC adverts for endless BBC shite that I will never watch or listen to.

Oh, and Happy Christmas.

Fully agree. R2 djs love literally everything and everyone unconditionally. It’s like the opposite of eastenders. Fake noises

Jimmy Grimble

Christian O'Connell is the best morning DJ I've ever listened to. Shame he left Absolute Radio.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Chris Evans lickers can’t accept [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] having a strong opposing view. I thought NSC was a forum for free speech.

Yes, this.

If The Clamp starts a thread it doesn't matter what he says, there will be several posters ready to personally abuse him in a completely irrelevant way. Sad really.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, this.

If The Clamp starts a thread it doesn't matter what he says, there will be several posters ready to personally abuse him in a completely irrelevant way. Sad really.

Wishes makes us like [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] all the more. No time for keyboard abusers.

Merry Christmas [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION].

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sadly there is not much competition but yes the only R2 Show I regularly listen to simply because he plays good music and isn't a conceited wanker like Wright.

After listening to champions league pop master last week I realised my music knowledge isn't great. :)

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I was always under the impression that Radio 2 presenters simply played the music play-list that was put in front of them, and not their own choices?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was always under the impression that Radio 2 presenters simply played the music play-list that was put in front of them, and not their own choices?

The BBC’s general Radio 2 explanation, given online, fits in with that.

Other than a different basis for Evans who unfortunately had a big say.

E9DE6FA3-752E-4F6C-B8CA-AD94C2331850.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, this.

It is rather pathetic, I agree. Luckily for me I have rather thick skin and their attempts at bullying bounce off. Keyboard warriors who I know would not say boo to a goose in real life. One of them who genuinely claims to hate me on here and spews bile at many a poster comes across as a rather nice chap in real life but is a nasty so and so when he thinks he’s anonymous. He doesn’t even realise I know him in real life and have had a few conversations with him. He’s rather a smarmy charmer.

However I also personally know two posters who would have liked to have posted on mental health threads and would have benefited from doing so who won’t post because of these type of members and how personal they get.
And I don’t blame them. One particular poster had a pop at me for having “tragic stories” and sharing with strangers just a few days before starting a thread about his dead father and how much he misses him at Christmas. Classic bully, rips it out of others but demands respect for his shit.

I personally won’t be spending much time on here from now on. NSC is a nastier place these days and it’s not a place I really want to use anymore.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It is rather pathetic, I agree. Luckily for me I have rather thick skin and their attempts at bullying bounce off. Keyboard warriors who I know would not say boo to a goose in real life. One of them who genuinely claims to hate me on here and spews bile at many a poster comes across as a rather nice chap in real life but is a nasty so and so when he thinks he’s anonymous. He doesn’t even realise I know him in real life and have had a few conversations with him. He’s rather a smarmy charmer.

However I also personally know two posters who would have liked to have posted on mental health threads and would have benefited from doing so who won’t post because of these type of members. And I don’t blame them.
I personally won’t be spending much time on here from now on. NSC is a nastier place these days and it’s not a place I really want to use anymore.

You’d be sorely missed, just take a few days off!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

However I also personally know two posters who would have liked to have posted on mental health threads and would have benefited from doing so who won’t post because of these type of members. And I don’t blame them.

I am sad to read this as I enjoy reading your contributions.

Happy Christmas etc. - I hear that you have had some fun.

You've got to fight for your right to party.

:)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am sad to read this as I enjoy reading your contributions.

Happy Christmas etc. - I hear that you have had some fun.

You've got to fight for your right to party.

:)

Haha! Yes indeed, we did have fun that night! I hope you had a good one? Merry Christmas to you too sir.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would have liked Cox in the mornings, she's done well when standing in. Not sure about Ball, will give it a go. Shame they shoehorned Wylie with Mayo so he quit and Cox got the drivetime gig. Expect she'd have been a shoein for the breakfast show otherwise. Personally was beginning to go off CE so not too bothered, maybe time for a change. Yes I do listen to R2 most of the day !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Christ all ****ing mighty. If I every felt the need to shoehorn mine in with mayo, I'd hope I'd have the good sense to seriously question the relationship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

However I also personally know two posters who would have liked to have posted on mental health threads and would have benefited from doing so who won’t post because of these type of members and how personal they get.
And I don’t blame them. One particular poster had a pop at me for having “tragic stories” and sharing with strangers just a few days before starting a thread about his dead father and how much he misses him at Christmas. Classic bully, rips it out of others but demands respect for his shit.

Hasn't one of your baiters been shown the door? You'd be surprised how much it enfuriates the nobbers to be put on ignore :rolleyes:.....and also, you wouldn't try discussing avian welfare with the cat so why try talking sense with trolls???

All the best.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hasn't one of your baiters been shown the door? You'd be surprised how much it enfuriates the nobbers to be put on ignore :rolleyes:.....and also, you wouldn't try discussing avian welfare with the cat so why try talking sense with trolls???

All the best.

You are of course correct.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Going into a thread to abuse someone for having a different opinion. Pathetic. Even at this time of year the old faithful of NSC still full of hated and vile. Not for me today, I’ll leave you catty lot to it.
See you in the NY
TBFNHAGCOAA
TC

Starting a thread throwing expletives about makes you so much holier how exactly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here