Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A four division Division?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some idiot recently posted on here about the Premier League being a Division of three divisions.

It's actually four isn't it?

Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 17.58.07.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ahem. I think you'll find it is one division. And we have a 9 point cushion. 'Top of subdivision 4' doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shit. On Saturday at lunch time we were in the third division - then we got bloody relegated. Boooooooo...........................

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Some idiot on here just posted that the PL is a division of 4 divisions. Should be hung and quartered.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some idiot on here just posted that the PL is a division of 4 divisions. Should be hung and quartered.

*cough* hanged *cough*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, hung is right in this instance - it's hung, drawn and quartered. It's a bit more extreme than being hanged by the neck

The difference is whether the hanging kills you - it's only hanged if it's fatal

You are absolutely right. Hung, drawn and quartered. Yes.

The English language, eh? Funny old fellah.

:rolleyes::lolol::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised you haven't mentioned they should be 0.25'ed :whistle:

I was thinking about mentioning that they need to be drawn before they are quartered, but I'm, not an effing pedant.

Ahem.

:rolleyes::facepalm::shootself

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No, hung is right in this instance - it's hung, drawn and quartered. It's a bit more extreme than being hanged by the neck

The difference is whether the hanging kills you - it's only hanged if it's fatal

I disagree. It's 'hanged'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's a pub near Cannon Street, London called the 'Hung, drawn and quartered'. The times I've asked them
to change their name on a Friday at 11pm. They just don't seem interested :) City w*****s.

Typical cockney wankers. I bet they split their infinitives, too. The dirty b'stards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here