Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best Non Alcoholic Beer

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I stopped drinking a while ago but i'm still keen on non alcoholic beers, Most aren't great especially the 00 lager ones (thats you Heineken, Becks, Budweiser).

But i've 3 favourites.

Nanny State - Brewdog
Remarkable citrus ale. Full of flavour
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/295411206

Ghost Ship - Adnams
Maybe the best ale i've found.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301885125

AlkoholFrei - Erdinger
The Germans know best
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/263042455

A couple of gripes - most pubs are terrible. They don't offer a choice or sometimes forget they stock them.
And i'm not the first to say it but hardly any are 500cl.

Any other recommendations ? And any pubs that do the right thing and stock a decent range ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see quite a few these days, but while they cost near as much as an actual beer, im not inclinded to try them.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Harveys Old and Best non alcoholic versions are decent too. Only place I’ve seen them is their shop in Lewes though. The Ghost Ship is very good as is the Nanny State. Very useful for when you have to drive and still want the taste of a beer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I stopped drinking a while ago but i'm still keen on non alcoholic beers, Most aren't great especially the 00 lager ones (thats you Heineken, Becks, Budweiser).

AlkoholFrei - Erdinger
The Germans know best

I had some of that Erdinger a few weeks ago (I met a mate in a pub just before I was due to play football, so didn't want any booze): I was pretty impressed.

I was in The Great Eastern, so there's at least one pub in B&H that sells it

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
eccb778e9fe48395d0352b42de622526.jpg

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Another vote for the non-alcoholic Ghost Ship here. I had to stop drinking alcohol for a while because of medication I was on but this just tastes like a decent session ale. Given that I also like Nanny State I’m going to have to give the Erdinger one a go.

Drinking when out can be a bit of a problem when you can’t drink either alcohol or fizzy drinks. I’ve swerved a few Christmas parties this year...

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think the big drop stout is the best non( low) alcohol beer I've had, tastes nearly like the real thing. I find the problem most of the have is they feel so thin. That brewdog one is ok but there's no way you're going to mistake it for a normal strength pale ale

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

AlkoholFrei - Erdinger
The Germans know best
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/263042455

Erdinger Alcohol-Frei is a fantastic alternative if you can't drink the real stuff - especially, if like me, you have a taste for German wheat beers.
Driving to my sister-in-law's for lunch on Christmas Day and I'll be happily taking a six-pack along with me.

Avoid those low alcohol beers at all costs - tasteless rubbish !!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
When I have the odd 'cleanse' I drink Becks Blue. It's the only one that doesn't taste like cardboard soaked in piss in my opinion...

I've tried loads of these alcohol free beers and end up tipping most of them down the sink as they're undrinkable. I suppose if you have enough the taste becomes normal, though.. (like Diet Coke etc after you've been drinking the 'full-fat' stuff..)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here