NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disappointing after first half.

6 - average

Ryan - 6
Montoya - 6
Bernardo- 7
Dunk - 6 - first booking looked wrong, second sheer stupidity.
Balogun - 7
Locadia - 6
Bissouma - 6
Propper - 6
March - 6
Gross - 6
Andone - 6

Subs - on too late

Difficult to score IMO, no-one outstanding, but no-one really poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing after first half.

6 - average

Ryan - 6
Montoya - 6
Bernardo- 7
Dunk - 6 - first booking looked wrong, second sheer stupidity.
Balogun - 7
Locadia - 6
Bissouma - 6
Propper - 6
March - 6
Gross - 6
Andone - 6

Subs - on too late

Difficult to score IMO, no-one outstanding, but no-one really poor.

I almost agree with you but Montoya and March marked down 1 for some non league crossing that quite possibly cost us the chance to equalise when we were still in the game.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Our crossing accuracy according to Warren Aspinall was just over 20%. Need 60%+ to give the forwards a chance.

March a 6. Really?

3 out of 10 for me & that is being generous.

Wish the spotty useless runt were to leave us. Worst regular starting player by a mile

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
First half 7.5/10 the better team, backed off and conceded from a very good strike.

Second half, Sussed out and lacklustre, more idiotic mistakes and in the end deserved to lose. 4/10

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Thought as a team we played quite well.

What was missing was a good performance by any individual player. Everyone was pretty average. They had two excellent performances from Brooks and Begovic which won the game for them.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not going to rate but Montoya was poor, he can’t cross. Balogun also wasn’t great, believe Dunk gave him a bit of a rollicking for not closing down Brooks and being prepared to put his body on the line.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not going to rate but Montoya was poor, he can’t cross. Balogun also wasn’t great, believe Dunk gave him a bit of a rollicking for not closing down Brooks and being prepared to put his body on the line.

Bit harsh on Balogun, thought he was steady. The first goal was more a result of us losing shape IMO, and Propper not sitting. As someone else said on the match thread, it is where Stephens would have been.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit harsh on Balogun, thought he was steady. The first goal was more a result of us losing shape IMO, and Propper not sitting. As someone else said on the match thread, it is where Stephens would have been.

I thought Propper played well in the first half and like the rest of the team went off the boil in the second ..... and much prefer him to Stephens.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Think Balogen should have tried to block that shot with far more effort. Have always been a fan of Stephens but he looked so slow against Chelsea I'm not sure we can say for sure he would have got his foot in there any better than Propper.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Think Balogen should have tried to block that shot with far more effort. Have always been a fan of Stephens but he looked so slow against Chelsea I'm not sure we can say for sure he would have got his foot in there any better than Propper.

No doubt he had an utter stinker vs Chelsea, but he has plenty of credit as far as I’m concerned.

Stephens sits a lot better than Propper IMO.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Propper played well in the first half and like the rest of the team went off the boil in the second ..... and much prefer him to Stephens.

Yes he did, but the thing with Hughton teams is how they are set up.

Two very rigid banks of four. This requires the midfield to be very disciplined, as soon as an opposing player gets between the defence and midfield, we are in trouble- like today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stephens acts a protector of the back four better than any other player but I would like to see Propper pushed further forward with Bissouma perhaps at the expense of Gross especially away from home.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens acts a protector of the back four better than any other player but I would like to see Propper pushed further forward with Bissouma perhaps at the expense of Gross especially away from home.

Good call. Gross is a great player, but we just need more from him away from home.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Referring to any Albion player in this way is 100% unacceptable. You must be a very unpleasant person.

In American english this sounds funny.. which part of him saying spotty useless runt is offensive? In the US runt is the smallest of a litter of animals, is that what it means in British English too?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Our so called creative players Knockhaert,March and Gross produce nothing. When March was poor at no 10 it was said out of position, when poor wide left was said best position was wide right..On the right today he was hopeless . If us supporters know he will never go on outside but always stop and put ball on his left foot I am sure opposition know as well. He must be one of easiest players to mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here