Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ironically, when our wingers/FB’s plough forward, we get ripped to shreds on the counter. Today being a great example.

I can understand CH’s caution ... at PL standard, our wide players aren’t very good in the main. We get most of our points from savvy tactics. When we think we’re good at PL football, push up, like today, Fulham and Burnley, opponents destroy us.

Agreed. I think that both of our starting full backs are primarily wing backs, they’d be far better suited in a 5-3-2. Let them push on, leave Dunk, Duffy and Burn (example) to defend. Use Stephens as a shield, Pick whichever two centre mids that look like they could offer something, put Murray up top and play AJ or Groß behind him.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The shocking thing for me is how any recruitment team can justify paying the huge sum we paid for him.

Come on, it takes about 5 minutes to realise he is not a natural athlete and therefore not Premier League material.

Seriously what were they thinking?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. I think that both of our starting full backs are primarily wing backs, they’d be far better suited in a 5-3-2. Let them push on, leave Dunk, Duffy and Burn (example) to defend. Use Stephens as a shield, Pick whichever two centre mids that look like they could offer something, put Murray up top and play AJ or Groß behind him.

On Tuesday please.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The shocking thing for me is how any recruitment team can justify paying the huge sum we paid for him.

Come on, it takes about 5 minutes to realise he is not a natural athlete and therefore not Premier League material.

January panic buy.

Something we aspired to avoid this season, by signing nobody...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

He was a panic buy 15 months ago. If we stay up we need to just take the financial hit on him. He’s nowhere near PL standard.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Let me get this straight, he’s supposed to be a striker, but he’s been played out of position, but it’s his fault that we and he are not scoring? Seeems unfair to be honest. Collectively our wingers and midfielders have been shit, they offer nothing going forward, whether it’s Andone or Murray it doesn’t matter, they get hung out to dry.

The biggest issue with our midfield/forwards is the complete lack of pace - we must be without doubt the slowest team in the Prem

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let me get this straight, he’s supposed to be a striker, but he’s been played out of position, but it’s his fault that we and he are not scoring? Seeems unfair to be honest. Collectively our wingers and midfielders have been shit, they offer nothing going forward, whether it’s Andone or Murray it doesn’t matter, they get hung out to dry.

Yep, wingers should be creating and all that. But I think Locadia is getting off a bit too lightly with that defence. Plenty of strikers score in poor teams. Murray for example last season (and half if this!)

When has he created and scored a goal himself? Or from a corner? Free kick? Seems plenty fans prepared to excuse his poor return even now.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The biggest issue with our midfield/forwards is the complete lack of pace - we must be without doubt the slowest team in the Prem

Perez, Almiron and Rondon all had great pace, craft and power for 90 minutes on Friday night at Leicester. Even NUFC, with Ashley, have achieved it. Doesn’t bare thinking about when they visit the Amex. Cardiff is our cup final.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep, wingers should be creating and all that. But I think Locadia is getting off a bit too lightly with that defence. Plenty of strikers score in poor teams. Murray for example last season (and half if this!)

When has he created and scored a goal himself? Or from a corner? Free kick? Seems plenty fans prepared to excuse his poor return even now.

Listen, I’m not going to pretend he’s a world beater, but I think you’re over egging it a bit. He created and scored a beauty against Millwall to get us back into the game, in fact, go and watch our highlights from this years cup run, we wouldn’t have got as far as we did without his assists and goals, sounds mad but it’s true.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Perez, Almiron and Rondon all had great pace, craft and power for 90 minutes on Friday night at Leicester. Even NUFC, with Ashley, have achieved it. Doesn’t bare thinking about when they visit the Amex. Cardiff is our cup final.
The very first attribute for any scouting team in the Prem is to identify attacking players with pace- only Izzy has that along with Bernardo, the rest are simply not quick enough, we need 2/3 new attacking players with Real pace in the summer if we’re going to compete next season in the Prem, providing we stay up!

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Listen, I’m not going to pretend he’s a world beater, but I think you’re over egging it a bit. He created and scored a beauty against Millwall to get us back into the game, in fact, go and watch our highlights from this years cup run, we wouldn’t have got as far as we did without his assists and goals, sounds mad but it’s true.

Lost cause there. I'm with you, Murray did very well last season mainly because we had Groß, he's been pretty average since he's not been in the squad. I wonder how Jurgs would play feeding off him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
1 PL goal? Really? If you're going to criticise get your stats right.

I forgot his Everton goal and misread Wiki. Anyway, you more than anyone gave me dogs abuse for saying he wasn't all that even though he'd scored against Arsenal. So you can do one as you've subsequently been proved wrong and embarrassed yourself. Least I called a pup early on, you're still putting up a defence after it's died of old age.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The very first attribute for any scouting team in the Prem is to identify attacking players with pace- only Izzy has that along with Bernardo, the rest are simply not quick enough, we need 2/3 new attacking players with Real pace in the summer if we’re going to compete next season in the Prem, providing we stay up!

Montoya is rapid, can’t defend too well though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

That's not in the PL!! I knew someone would cite Millwall!! Yes, it was a decent goal. But against defenders in a team battling relegation a division below. If we were in the Championship or League One he'd perhaps score bags go goals. But we're not, so it's irrelevant. As evidence, it's inadmissible as they say :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here