Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We can when they were played in their perfect position and were shit. Propper, Andone, Montoya and Bernardo.
That’s a collective, Portlock is calling out Locadia and nobody else. I think they all need a flaming after today, not just one man.
Also, I’m pretty sure left wing is not Locadia’s idea of his perfect position.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Then do the same to the other 10 players all of whom deserve to be under the same microscope.

Feel free to start 10 more threads then. In meantime, why not start with a striker who cost £15m and scored 1 PL goal this season?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Did he shoot? Did he score? What did he contribute? I'd say today is exactly the day to be asking questions about individuals. We know collectively it wasn't good enough so time to delve into the detail like this for that's where the answers lie. Why not start with Locadia? Is the Jury still out or have we returned a verdict? Keep for Championship? Or put up for sale and/or loan him out for remainder of contract?

He’s absolutely shocking- zero pace, poor touch and a panic January buy from last season- I’m struggling to think of a worse signing in the last few seasons and to think we were mugged for 13.5m!! Criminal- imagine if Burke signed him!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m not convinced he’s getting a fair trial. He got very little service but when he did he was big, strong and quick. Good ball control and tried to make things happen but nothing really came off.

Defensively not sure he offers enough though

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Feel free to start 10 more threads then. In meantime, why not start with a striker who cost £15m and scored 1 PL goal this season?

Are we discounting his equaliser against Arsenal or his winner against Everton?
Anyway, this seems like a very bizarre witch hunt, we haven’t scored in about 5 games, today is the first time he’s started during that barren run, yet you want to pick him out as the scapegoat? Weird.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That’s a collective, Portlock is calling out Locadia and nobody else. I think they all need a flaming after today, not just one man.

I'm not, I'm just bouncing a thread about Locadia, a player who I've never rated and been slammed for saying so. You can do so about other players, sure threads exist. But I'm especially keen to hear if people still excuse his performances or if the penny has finally dropped and they're now agreeing with what a lot of us have been saying for some time? Because boy has this guy been cut some slack after all!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The funniest thing is that we were told that dropping the awful Muzza, would create footballing paradise. At last, there’d be no gap between CM and the striker, or the offsides that destroy our otherwise great attacking play from our fantastic creators, that the goals would flow.

The reality was even worse than normal. I doubt the Bmuff back 4 have had an easier match all season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m not convinced he’s getting a fair trial. He got very little service but when he did he was big, strong and quick. Good ball control and tried to make things happen but nothing really came off.

Defensively not sure he offers enough though

This for me is the biggest indictment of Hughton’s reign. We’ve been indoctrinated to believe a winger/attacker/forwards best asset should be how well they can defend, anything after that is a bonus.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are we discounting his equaliser against Arsenal or his winner against Everton?
Anyway, this seems like a very bizarre witch hunt, we haven’t scored in about 5 games, today is the first time he’s started during that barren run, yet you want to pick him out as the scapegoat? Weird.

:drama: Witch hunt, scapegoat...that's your choice of language. I've merely, and fairly I think, challenged a player who I've never been convinced by and whether he did much today? But actually, whilst you're pointing it out, yes we haven't scored many...don't you think there's a link between that and his ability therefore? Is that really so 'weird'? I'd thought any analysis of why we're not scoring goals would include our strikers?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The funniest thing is that we were told that dropping the awful Muzza, would create footballing paradise. At last, there’d be no gap between CM and the striker, or the offsides that destroy our otherwise great attacking play from our fantastic creators, that the goals would flow.

The reality was even worse than normal. I doubt the Bmuff back 4 have had an easier match all season.

Bmuff hadn't won in 11 away games either. Even our record was better, that's how bad they were!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
:drama: Witch hunt, scapegoat...that's your choice of language. I've merely, and fairly I think, challenged a player who I've never been convinced by and whether he did much today? But actually, whilst you're pointing it out, yes we haven't scored many...don't you think there's a link between that and his ability therefore? Is that really so 'weird'? I'd thought any analysis of why we're not scoring goals would include our strikers?
Let me get this straight, he’s supposed to be a striker, but he’s been played out of position, but it’s his fault that we and he are not scoring? Seeems unfair to be honest. Collectively our wingers and midfielders have been shit, they offer nothing going forward, whether it’s Andone or Murray it doesn’t matter, they get hung out to dry.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This for me is the biggest indictment of Hughton’s reign. We’ve been indoctrinated to believe a winger/attacker/forwards best asset should be how well they can defend, anything after that is a bonus.

Ironically, when our wingers/FB’s plough forward, we get ripped to shreds on the counter. Today being a great example.

I can understand CH’s caution ... at PL standard, our wide players aren’t very good in the main. We get most of our points from savvy tactics. When we think we’re good at PL football, push up, like today, Fulham and Burnley, opponents destroy us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here