Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What happens if Murray gets injured / too old / whatever? Stuck with 2/3 midget 'quick' strikers ? Maybe we could put Dunk up front actually...
:facepalm:

Amazing isn't it.
We finally get a manager wanting to play on the front foot and nimrods on here want to kick that foot out from under him.
Absolutely. Any half nimrod would realise it would be Duffy up front, Webster at right side CB.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hard to believe but I think we have a player who can take Barnes’ crown as the all time “not good enough for Brighton” player

Other than from the evidence on the pitch itself the Barnes criticisms were undeserved.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the general opinion about Jahanbakhsh ... going to be wildly different this time next summer. This time next year we'll be talking about them as key players for the first game of the season. They're going to thrive under a more attacking coach who believes in their talents and allows them to play to their strengths.

Did you vote LEAVE, by any chance? Your absolute faith, that Alireza is going to be a roaring success despite all of the actual evidence, if you just believe hard enough, reminds me of something else...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did you vote LEAVE, by any chance? Your absolute faith, that Alireza is going to be a roaring success despite all of the actual evidence, if you just believe hard enough, reminds me of something else...
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]'s irrational championing of 'Big Jurg' against all footballing evidence that suggests otherwise?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Are you sure Big J and Ali J won't come good then?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Absolutely not. The difference is that Jahanbakhsh HAS been a success previously.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
-Seen just about enough from Jurgs to think he might at least give us something - some decent finishes (Millwall twice inc disallowed goal, Arsenal, Brum), intelligent running, incisive and sharp passing etc and he at least looks and sounds far more positive under GP. Looked OK in pre-season and appears fitter/leaner.

-Seen the square root of **** all from Ali J thus far really, apart from hitting the bar vs the worst team in the league last season. Looked lost vs Valencia. Hair still immaculate though.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

I'm losing hope. Come January Locadia will have been at the club for 2 years. How much longer can we give him to start playing well?

Ali J doesn't seem to match the pace and intensity of the Prem. The Dutch league is clearly slower than the Prem which probably explains why he looked world class in that league. We need wingers who can burst into pace like March and Trossard. Knockkaert didn't have that burst of pace and that's where he was found out in the Prem. He could never truly beat his man and started to become too predictable. Similar to what aj looks likes.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
-Seen the square root of **** all from Ali J thus far really, apart from hitting the bar vs the worst team in the league last season. Looked lost vs Valencia. Hair still immaculate though.

He did hit the outside of the post against Southampton. Easily his 2nd best moment in a Brighton shirt. Yes, it was no hitting the bar but it was still one to remember from him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Locadia, I haven't entirely written off, though honestly, if Derby were prepared to give us what we paid for him, I think we'd be foolish not to take it.

Jahanbaksh, yes. Quite sure. He's useless.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Locadia, I haven't entirely written off, though honestly, if Derby were prepared to give us what we paid for him, I think we'd be foolish not to take it.

Jahanbaksh, yes. Quite sure. He's useless.

Well, the shackles are off... so, we shall see...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Certainly looked as useless during his cameo v Valencia as he looked all last season.

Come on... just a few minutes, really!!??

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
would take the 15m

Seen enough to think he can just about offer something but seen enough to know he isn't going to be anything amazing

Shame no one in for AJ yet

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Other than from the evidence on the pitch itself the Barnes criticisms were undeserved.

Fair enough I think we can agree that we come at football from a very different angle and with totally different expectations. I cannot take fans who reckoned Barnes was shitehouse seriously though :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here