Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm in the opinion Locadia will be our MAIN striker this season, Andone and Murray back ups. But as Mr Potter is known as a tinkerman Big Jurge will soon be replaced by Andone or Murray depending on his success from the off. If we do land a striker I would imagine he would be part of the back up with Andone and Murray. Sorry but I can't see us splashing as much as 20 million to replace Locadia. If we land Maulpay he would be behind Locdia IMHO and have to fight for a starting place.
We didn't spend all that money on Locadia and Andone for them to rot on the bench. This year is a new season under a new manager.......they have a lot to prove.

We signed Andone for a second hand Nissan Quashqai and a multipack of Spicy Nik-Naks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d like to think it’s not as black and white as that. I’m very much in the ‘Locadia in’ camp, he’s got some good attributes, Alireza* on the other hand, well, I won’t bother typing it again.

*I will be delighted, of course, if he does actually turn into a player rather than an Instagram personality.

I didn't bring racism into it. :lol:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I haven't been much of a Locadia believer from his time with us so far. Though I do believe if he brought more aggression to his game he'd have a lot more influence upfront. He's strong, big (ish) and a natural born rapper. I'm sure the aggression is there. That chance he had in the first minute yesterday did actually show some on the ball aggression in the way he was making the defender have to decide to back off or commit. He then finds the angle to shoot and belts it. It wasn't out of this world but It was promising.

I want Locadia to be a handful for the defenders this coming season. I'd like to see him right in the defenders faces, battling for every little scrap the way Florin has shown. If Locadia can implement this into his game, it could be like having a new signing.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm in the opinion Locadia will be our MAIN striker this season, Andone and Murray back ups. But as Mr Potter is known as a tinkerman Big Jurge will soon be replaced by Andone or Murray depending on his success from the off. If we do land a striker I would imagine he would be part of the back up with Andone and Murray. Sorry but I can't see us splashing as much as 20 million to replace Locadia. If we land Maulpay he would be behind Locdia IMHO and have to fight for a starting place.
We didn't spend all that money on Locadia and Andone for them to rot on the bench. This year is a new season under a new manager.......they have a lot to prove.

Seriously, welcome to almost certain relegation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Seriously, welcome to almost certain relegation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's my opinion, I think Potter replaced Hughton to try and bring out the best in what we already have. Remember we were all purring over the signing of BIG Jurge, the size of the fee, the video of his best bits, top performer albeit in a league lower than the Premier League.
What's the difference in Locadia and Trossard? Not a lot really, both successful in their prospective leagues, no Premier league experience, cost a LOT of money. Make no mistake Potter will try and make a success out of a player many on here feel is not even a footballer. He is no less a prospect than Trossard. It will be the year of The Jurge, if it saves us from relegation will be down to how effective Potter is in making Locadia (and the rest) an effective player.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How much are you lumping on then ? 2/1 is easily obtainable so sounds like a very easy way to an almost certain big profit.

IF we sign nobody then, yes, willing to bet...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well it's my opinion, I think Potter replaced Hughton to try and bring out the best in what we already have. Remember we were all purring over the signing of BIG Jurge, the size of the fee, the video of his best bits, top performer albeit in a league lower than the Premier League.
What's the difference in Locadia and Trossard? Not a lot really, both successful in their prospective leagues, no Premier league experience, cost a LOT of money. Make no mistake Potter will try and make a success out of a player many on here feel is not even a footballer. He is no less a prospect than Trossard. It will be the year of The Jurge, if it saves us from relegation will be down to how effective Potter is in making Locadia (and the rest) an effective player.

OK, the difference between Tross and Jurg is that Tross is about to start his Prem journey, whereas Jurg has had a few cracks at it, and keeps falling over!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

God help us relying on the Useless forward line from last season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He was bad in PSV; bad for you last season and gonna be bad the next one as well, but I think there is actually a tiny but decent chance he could be slightly less shit if managed correctly. If he ends up in your starting eleven you're dead though.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
OK, the difference between Tross and Jurg is that Tross is about to start his Prem journey, whereas Jurg has had a few cracks at it, and keeps falling over!

Yes... started his PL journey with a coach who would NOT let him attack. Big Difference.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes... started his PL journey with a coach who would NOT let him attack. Big Difference.

I agree with that... but I wouldn't stake our Prem survival on him...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I agree with that... but I wouldn't stake our Prem survival on him...

Would you trust Trossard or any other (big) signings with our Premier league status then? What I'm saying is I think any incoming player in our price range will only be effective within the managers remit. Maybe Potter will unlock Locadias potential where he was inhibited under Hughton.( saying this as a big Hughton fan):tantrum:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would you trust Trossard or any other (big) signings with our Premier league status then? What I'm saying is I think any incoming player in our price range will only be effective within the managers remit. Maybe Potter will unlock Locadias potential where he was inhibited under Hughton.( saying this as a big Hughton fan):tantrum:

Trossard is a beautiful green field! :) We have to take the risk that he will cut it in the Prem...

Locadia is a muddy brown one! ;-) We have seen already that he has struggled, but I admit he may do better under GP, but less likely that he will than Tross IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here