Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How well seasoned is your wok?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
How well seasoned is your wok and what's the distinction between well seasoned and just plain filthy?

Please include photos for illustrative purposes.

Here's a photo of mine...

2018-12-22 11.16.44.jpg

Aternative title for this thread: "Have you got far too much time on your hands?"

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How well seasoned is your wok and what's the distinction between well seasoned and just plain filthy?

View attachment 103188

Aternative title for this thread: "Have you got far too much time on your hands?"

That looks like something from a Mars probe circa 1965 :eek:

BTW we use a Le Cruseut wok :cool:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what's the difference between 'non stick scraped off' and seasoned ???
A seasoned wok will be made with a metal that would otherwise rust. To start with you give it a coating of oil and heat that until it mostly smokes away (you can do that several times). That the protects it. You can wash it lightly after use, but I think people don't usually use detergents, they give it a light rinse - or in marlowe's case, they don't do anything.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A seasoned wok will be made with a metal that would otherwise rust. To start with you give it a coating of oil and heat that until it mostly smokes away (you can do that several times). That the protects it. You can wash it lightly after use, but I think people don't usually use detergents, the give it a light rinse - or in marlowe's case, they don't do anything.

Ever tried using a wooden wok? :wink:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That looks like something from a Mars probe circa 1965
You can clearly see the affect of global warming and the melting of the Polar Ice Cap.

Attachments

• Wok.JPG
    Wok.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 271

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t use metal implements (@Marlowe! ) they will scrape away the surfacing. After use wipe round with kitchen roll, apply a light coating of cooking oil. Done.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

View attachment 103188

How the **** would I be able to cook porridge in that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ok, here's mine:

wok the f***.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here