Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] News Before t'Internet

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Log into Facetweetspace nowadays and instantly you have global and instant news.

I was working abroad in 1996, didn't speak the language so didn't read the papers, and it wasn't until I came back on a Eurolines coach in the summer (the day of Eng v Scotland, listening to Gazza's goal on a portable little radio, but that's by the by) that I heard about the Dunblane shootings, 3 months on.

What's the longest you've gone without knowing about something 'momentous', due to being 'out of the loop' for whatever reason?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Probably when man supposedly landed on the moon , I was 6 at the time and didn’t find out until I was 12 ! And that was only because I liked Lionel Jeffries films .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't know the Brighton score whilst at a festival..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I didn't know how upset and worried my mum was at getting a postcard saying I'd been arrested until I got back from Greece.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
'Facetweetspace' - or as I heard it/them described yesterday "InstaTwitFace".

We were in Australia much of 1990 / 1991, so missed much of the news, or heard about it later. Two things stood out for me. Firstly, we had the weird experience of being in a 'wild west' sort of village (the sort of place where it pretends to still be the goldrush era, with saloons, cowboys and so on) only to hear two blokes dressed up as Victorian cowboys discussing the outbreak of the first Gulf War. The second thing was because of the time zones coupled with the delay in hearing things it meant that I only heard about Thatcher resigning on my birthday instead of when it happened (the day before if I had been at home), so I had a double reason for over-drinking that night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here