Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23 / 12

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We'll remain bottom of the "Division 2" in the Premier League even if we lose to plucky on Saturday, although Newcastle have a great opportunity to narrow that gap. Palace should remain six points behind whatever happens, and Huddersfield v Southampton could be an intriguing one.

And it all kicks off tonight with one of those crazy Friday night fixtures.

Friday 21st
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool (20:00)

Saturday 22nd
Arsenal v Burnley (12:30)
AFC Bournemouth v Brighton & Hove Albion
Chelsea v Leicester City
Huddersfield Town v Southampton
Manchester City v Crystal Palace
Newcastle United v Fulham
West Ham United v Watford
Cardiff City v Manchester United

Sunday 23rd
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00)

Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 10.15.11.png

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Friday 21st
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 v 0 Liverpool (20:00)

Saturday 22nd
Arsenal 0 v 0 Burnley (12:30)
AFC Bournemouth 1 v 2 Brighton & Hove Albion
Chelsea 2 v 0 Leicester City
Huddersfield Town 0 v 0 Southampton
Manchester City 28 v 0 Crystal Palace
Newcastle United 2 v 1 Fulham
West Ham United 2 v 0 Watford
Cardiff City 1 v 3 Manchester United

Sunday 23rd
Everton 0 v 2 Tottenham Hotspur (16:00)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We must be due a win at Bmuff shirley?

It feels like everytime the team is in a position to properly cement itself in the second division of the old first division, it doesn't.

So no, we aren't due a win at Bournemouth

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As much as I'd like to keep a gap between us and Division 3 as you put it, Newcastle win just to ensure at least one team have taken up a relegation slot.
Hudds v Saints will be the last game on MOTD 0:0
All the others look good for a loss.
BUT WAIT
Biggest game there surely is Hammers v Watford. Three goal swing and we could be 10th
Aim high, not just to survive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We'll remain bottom of the "Division 2" in the Premier League even if we lose to plucky on Saturday, although Newcastle have a great opportunity to narrow that gap. Palace should remain six points behind whatever happens, and Huddersfield v Southampton could be an intriguing one.
Wishlist:

Friday 21st
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool (20:00) - Big Liverpool win - want to keep Wolves in our sights;

Saturday 22nd
Arsenal v Burnley (12:30) - Home win;
AFC Bournemouth v Brighton & Hove Albion - hmmm, not sure ...... oh, go on then, away win!
Chelsea v Leicester City - Home win - we overtake Leicester;
Huddersfield Town v Southampton - Draw;
Manchester City v Crystal Palace - Home win (double figures, preferably);
Newcastle United v Fulham - Draw - or possibly an away win; Newcastle might have ambitions to catch us;
West Ham United v Watford - Home win, sadly - I really wanted the squatters in the Olympic Stadium to go down, but it looks unlikely this season, so let's catch Watford;
Cardiff City v Manchester United - Draw - can't overtake ManU, but let's keep them in range;

Sunday 23rd
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00) - Draw - can't see Spurs scoring enough to enable us to overhaul Everton, so settle for a draw.

Could go 10th., worst case still 13th.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wishlist:

Friday 21st
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool (20:00) - Big Liverpool win - want to keep Wolves in our sights;

Saturday 22nd
Arsenal v Burnley (12:30) - Home win;
AFC Bournemouth v Brighton & Hove Albion - hmmm, not sure ...... oh, go on then, away win!
Chelsea v Leicester City - Home win - we overtake Leicester;
Huddersfield Town v Southampton - Draw;
Manchester City v Crystal Palace - Home win (double figures, preferably);
Newcastle United v Fulham - Draw - or possibly an away win; Newcastle might have ambitions to catch us;
West Ham United v Watford - Home win, sadly - I really wanted the squatters in the Olympic Stadium to go down, but it looks unlikely this season, so let's catch Watford;
Cardiff City v Manchester United - Draw - can't overtake ManU, but let's keep them in range;

Sunday 23rd
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00) - Draw - can't see Spurs scoring enough to enable us to overhaul Everton, so settle for a draw.

Could go 10th., worst case still 13th.

Keep Utd in range? No chance. What are you thinking of?

We will finish the season somewhere in the early 40's Utd should have around 60pts or more. Has to be a Man Utd win

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We will finish the season somewhere in the early 40's Utd should have around 60pts or more. Has to be a Man Utd win

Probably new manager bounce and a thrashing for Cardiff too

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

They're five points ahead of us. Could be just two points ahead come Saturday evening. That is catchable - less likely now they've ditched Mourinho - but no reason why we can't aspire. At least until we're on their 'Teams that can't catch us' list, which cold be quite a while. They're really not that good at the moment.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Absolutely. I am hoping Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield all get caught adrift sooner or later leaving a big old gap.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Absolutely. I am hoping Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield all get caught adrift sooner or later leaving a big old gap.

Whilst things can clearly change over a season, these are the 3 teams who I think will go down. Yes, Fulham may be on a "new manager bounce" but I recall evidence on here showing that once the initial euphoria is over, and players get used to the new manager's methods, gradually the team sinks to its original position. Cardiff have admittedly won some home games of late, albeit over teams in "our league" but they have much still to do, and like Hudds, I feel that they simply do not have the players to stay up.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Whilst things can clearly change over a season, these are the 3 teams who I think will go down. Yes, Fulham may be on a "new manager bounce" but I recall evidence on here showing that once the initial euphoria is over, and players get used to the new manager's methods, gradually the team sinks to its original position. Cardiff have admittedly won some home games of late, albeit over teams in "our league" but they have much still to do, and like Hudds, I feel that they simply do not have the players to stay up.

I think Cardiff have won games as many new clubs do in the first half of the season, I think in the second half they will find things much tougher.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think Cardiff have won games as many new clubs do in the first half of the season, I think in the second half they will find things much tougher.

Yes, 4 of the top 6 still to go there and they have quite a few away games against teams at the bottom. Doubtless under Warnock they will fight to the last, and whilst team spirit and work ethic will always gain you some unexpected points, class will eventually tell over a season - as Mickey Adams used to say -in my view quite perceptively -the league table doesn't lie.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They're five points ahead of us. Could be just two points ahead come Saturday evening. That is catchable - less likely now they've ditched Mourinho - but no reason why we can't aspire. At least until we're on their 'Teams that can't catch us' list, which cold be quite a while. They're really not that good at the moment.

£800m squad ManU will beat all the far smaller clubs their facing next. A relative galatico’s version of dead-cat-bounce. Then we’ll never hear the last of Solsjkaer. You heard it here first.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here