Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lawrenson predicts another Albion defeat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No change there then :smile: FWIW I struggle to think he’s got this one wrong :down:

Bournemouth v Brighton

Bournemouth have not been playing badly but they have lost seven out of their past eight games.

I still think they will beat Brighton though - the Seagulls' away form is poor and they don't carry much of a goal threat on the road.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Dillian's prediction: 1-0

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Merson is funnier! “Brighton are a funny team, everyone expects them to lose away from home. I saw them at Burnley and they were shocking, truly shocking.” 2-0 the Smug one.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hmm. My problem is that like it or not, what he says is correct. Let's hope we surprise him once again.

Hmm. My problem is that what he says tends to be incorrect. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll find the number of points Lawrenson has predicted that B&HA will have accrued by this stage of the season. And then see if there's any other team that he's underestimated to the same extent.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Yet he also seems to think "Brighton will be fine" rather than be relegation fodder, so definitely something not adding up in his analyses so far. Presumably he anticipates a rip-roaring second half of if the season for us:clap:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playing away to a team above us in the table - it's not really rocket science to predict the most likely outcome is a home win, is it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh f***.

That has now completely ruined my Christmas.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It’s an easy prediction.... most would say the same.

In regards to Lawrenson, he seems to think we won’t win at home either most weeks.

In regard to our away performances.... whilst they are still for the most part turgid I believe we are starting to turn the corner in regards to how we set up away. Andone and Bissouma are adding the energy and drive which has been missing away from home and although we are still a long way from where we need to be the fact we are starting to change our approach is encouraging at least.

Won 2 of last 5 away and if hadn’t been for poor officiating at Cardiff and Burnley we could have picked up more.

We are never going to be an attacking side away from home but I’m hopeful we are starting to adapt a little bit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

In regards to Lawrenson, he seems to think we won’t win at home either most weeks.

In regard to our away performances.... whilst they are still for the most part turgid I believe we are starting to turn the corner in regards to how we set up away. Andone and Bissouma are adding the energy and drive which has been missing away from home and although we are still a long way from where we need to be the fact we are starting to change our approach is encouraging at least.

Won 2 of last 5 away and if hadn’t been for poor officiating at Cardiff and Burnley we could have picked up more.

We are never going to be an attacking side away from home but I’m hopeful we are starting to adapt a little bit.

Sums up nicely how I feel

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't say I hold any of Lawrenson's predictions in high regard. He knows very little about the teams outside the top six barring a select few like Everton and Newcastle that he also considers 'big' teams. You only have to look at the text to each prediction - Man City - pages of insight - Brighton/Huddersfield/Bournemouth etc - almost one sentence. Great player, shit pundit, even shitter guesser. Hell, I could watch MOTD every week and probably be as accurate as him .... and write his column.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'd take a draw, but will not be surprised if we lose.
I don't care what Merson and Lawrenson say, but if I had to bet the farm on it, I would have to go for a defeat.
I just hope the CH lets the lads loose and we have a go. You never know, Chris, we might surprise ourselves.........no more of this humble ever so respectful approach, we are playing Bournemouth not bloomin' Brazil at their peak!:D:lolol:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
This team never fails to surprise me. Just when I think we're in a slump, we pull a result or two out of the bag. Don't bet against us getting a point.....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wheel loose :shootself.

Actually I think wheel drawer :smokin:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
.......no more of this humble ever so respectful approach, we are playing Bournemouth not bloomin' Brazil at their peak!:D:lolol:

I see CH is championing Smug Eddie as a top six manager in waiting today in the Argus :smile:

Actually agree with him on this though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I think you've hit the nail on the head there :thumbsup:

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The disparity between your opinion and your username is amusing me.

Yes, as I've got older I think I've lost some of my optimism. I think my mood tomorrow will depend on the teamsheet. Some pace and attacking intent and I may even fancy us to sneak a win.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here