Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which of our Premier League rivals, are losing players to the Asia Cup?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously we are miffed at losing Maty and Alireza for a month, but we are not the only club affected. Who else is off for a month in the desert?

For starter's NEWCASTLE are losing Ki (South Korea) and Muto (Japan).

I presume CARDIFF's in-form keeper Etheridge (Philipines) is off?

Does SOUTHAMPTON'S Yoshida still play for Japan?

I see that Australia have seen fit to name HUDDERSFIELD's Aaron Mooy in their squad, hoping he can play some part at the end, despite the Terrier's insisting he will be injured for the duration of it. Can't imagine they are too pleased about that.

Anyone else?

(SPURS' Son is going, but that only affects us insofar as he won't be available to help them beat our rivals)

As a complete aside, I see that HIBERNIAN have THREE players in the Australia squad. That's got to hurt.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I see that Australia have seen fit to name HUDDERSFIELD's Aaron Mooy in their squad, hoping he can play some part at the end, despite the Terrier's insisting he will be injured for the duration of it. Can't imagine they are too pleased about that.

Hearing what Australian team say - it sounds 100% like Huddersfield have made up the injury to Mooy (to be worse than it actually is) and that he will probably be fit prior to the start, and the Aus team have called their bluff... They obviously don't want to lose their best player for a month...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hearing what Australian team say - it sounds 100% like Huddersfield have made up the injury to Mooy (to be worse than it actually is) and that he will probably be fit prior to the start, and the Aus team have called their bluff... They obviously don't want to lose their best player for a month...

Not sure about that. If Huddersfield made Mooy unavailable for the tournament, then under FIFA rules, I think he'd be ineligible to play until it is over.

They would probably far rather he was resting and rehabilitating through January, than rushing back to play against Khbgjgvajastan though...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not sure about that. If Huddersfield made Mooy unavailable for the tournament, then under FIFA rules, I think he'd be ineligible to play until it is over.

They would probably far rather he was resting and rehabilitating through January, than rushing back to play against Khbgjgvajastan though...

Mars bar fingers :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here