Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas gluttony competition

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Hi all,

I intend to indulge magnificently over the festive period. I hereby challenge all to post their current weight, and then their weight on 1st Jan 2019. Who will be NSCs greediest *******? (Based on % gain of initial bodyweight)

From 1st Jan I plan on losing the llbs, and will post my weight again on 1st Feb.

Anyone with me?

Current weight: 14st 6lbs.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've put on almost 2 stone since June, so I don't need Christmas as an excuse to have more chins than the Tokyo telephone directory...

17st 1lb

I'll be back down to 15st 6lbs (fighting weight) by March.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've lost 2 stone.....(insert unhelpful smug smiley).

Looks like it was me who bloody found it, then....

Mine is too much beer and wine. I eat the right amount of calories in a day, and if I stopped drinking I'd stay the same or lose weight (which I did last year..). However, I like my beer at the moment - so I'll have to accept looking 4 months pregnant until January.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mine is too much beer and wine. I eat the right amount of calories in a day, and if I stopped drinking I'd stay the same or lose weight (which I did last year..). However, I like my beer at the moment - so I'll have to accept looking 4 months pregnant until January.
Or, in order to allow for the beer and wine, change a few food choices.

I like snack food too much, so cut down on that, and eat a few more healthy things to fill myself up.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Lost a stone on holiday in the last month. 10st 7lbs on the scales this morning. With a bit of effort should be 11st 7lbs by January.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Or, in order to allow for the beer and wine, change a few food choices.

I like snack food too much...

I don't really snack to be honest. I just eat a decent breakfast, a normal lunch, and have a decent dinner. 2,500 calories a day, or thereabouts.

I did WeightWatchers with my Daughter last year and the weight bloody fell off me! I know what to do.... I just need to do it.

However, the stresses and strains of losing a business (and a great lifestyle) then scrimping and scraping whilst gearing up to start a new one have meant I've not paid much attention to my weight. A cold beer, an ice cold Chardonnay, or a nice glass of Merlot (or two) are more important for my mental wellbeing than abstinance at the moment!

I'm not worried as such, but I don't like it when my newfound little titties wobble when I hit a pot-hole driving to work. :glare:

We should have an NSC WW group! All meet in the centre circle at the Amex on a Wednesday night...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't really snack to be honest. I just eat a decent breakfast, a normal lunch, and have a decent dinner. 2,500 calories a day, or thereabouts.
Blimey. When I decided to lose some fat I was on under 1400 a day. Now I'm on just under 1800.

I did WeightWatchers with my Daughter last year and the weight bloody fell off me! I know what to do.... I just need to do it.
Indeed, it's not rocket science.

However, the stresses and strains of losing a business (and a great lifestyle) then scrimping and scraping whilst gearing up to start a new one
Oh bugger.
A cold beer, an ice cold Chardonnay, or a nice glass of Merlot (or two) are more important for my mental wellbeing than abstinance at the moment!
Indeed. I can easily live on 1400 calories without being hungry though, just by changing what I eat. So instead of having cereal for breakfast, I'd have porridge (with raspberries, yoghurt, bit of honey). For a snack I'd have Greek yoghurt with raspberries and raisins instead of crisps and biscuits.

I'm not worried as such, but I don't like it when my newfound little titties wobble when I hit a pot-hole driving to work. :glare:
Yeah, I always quite liked boobies, but then decided they didn't suit me after all.

We should have an NSC WW group! All meet in the centre circle at the Amex on a Wednesday night...
??? Er, how about no you crazy dutch ba.stard.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Blimey. When I decided to lose some fat I was on under 1400 a day. Now I'm on just under 1800.

When I did WW, I was on 1500-1750 a day - and no alcohol. The weight fell off me. I'm a big bloke, and I don't sit at a desk - I'm active all day, so 2500 calories sees me maintain.

Just for the record, my tits don't suit me either... ???

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
12st 11lbs. I’m sure I could get to the big 13. Seem to stay the same weight if I get out for a ride or two though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Given the rise in people becoming wheat / gluten intolerant, I think a lot of sensibility will ensue over the festive period, into not over indulging of the troughing.
IBS, diverticulitis, crohns disease are rife these days, all giving people painfull experiences after eating :(

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I did WW, I was on 1500-1750 a day - and no alcohol. The weight fell off me. I'm a big bloke, and I don't sit at a desk - I'm active all day, so 2500 calories sees me maintain.

Just for the record, my tits don't suit me either... ???

Agree that 2,500 is fine for a tall male, without gaining weight.

The lower numbers mentioned are required to lose weight, or for the vertically challenged,

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Weighed myself for the first time in ages a couple of days ago.

I was happy to see 12.5stone. The wife then mentioned I shouldn't have the scales on the bath mat while I weighed myself. They were moved ... 13 stone 7. I'll be dieting in the new year

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
12st 6lb.......pretty much hovered within 4-5lb of that for the last 10 years, having come down from 18st at one point

Will probably be 13st by New Year's Day if normal seasonal pattern is followed (and my daughter's gift of about 3kg of fantastic Scottish cheese that's just been delivered is consumed), and then going to embark on a concerted effort to get well under 12st (not been under that since I was at primary school over 40 years ago) ahead of some Spring race plans. Looks like trekking in Nepal may be the answer :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here