Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 170
  1. #121
    Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beside the seaside, beside the sea
    Posts
    47,850


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBackHome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've 'unfollowed' EVERYONE I know on facebook so I don't see (and am not tempted to scroll zombie-like through) any of their shit. It's great. My 'feed' is completely empty. I only keep the account open like you to stay in touch with distant family & friends etc.
    Unfollowing on Facebook is great. You are still friends with the person, so not hurting their feelings, but you don't see their posts.
    There is also the star posters, so people like my son, daughter, etc are starred so I see their posts first.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #122
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      2,214


      8 Not allowed!
      I think some posters are being a bit harsh on @Psychobilly freakout by dismissing his message of farewell to a flounce or a "look at me" post. Some posters have also questioned why he didn't just disappear without announcing his departure.

      To do so is underestimating the importance of the virtual relationships that some people attach to their engagement with NSC. As everyone knows NSC can offer a lot of emotional support when we are going through difficult periods in our lives. That support can sometimes be really helpful. As a lot of people may have noticed PF has had a lot of issues in his early life which he has had to deal with. He's sometimes unloaded some of his baggage on here and hopefully it has been helpful for him to do so.

      Why is his saying goodbye on here interpreted any differently to saying goodbye in the real world to those you've formed connections with? If he had suddenly disappeared without telling anybody or without saying goodbye to people he had formed connections with in the real world those people would either think he was rude or they would worry about him. All PF was doing was saying goodbye and letting people know he's alright and thanks for everything. Nothing wrong with that. Given what some of us have become aware of of his history, if he had just suddenly disappeared it might have given some of us cause for concern. Now we don't need to worry.

      Having said all that PF has said that he is going to use his time and try and engage more with the real world. Personally I'm a little concerned that the time he doesn't devote to NSC will just be spent more on his favourite porn sites.

      PF's personal legacy to me was that he introduced me to the murky world of MILF Backward Cowgirl, a sub category of porn I was previously blissfully unaware of. Not much of a legacy granted, but a legacy nonetheless. So long PF.
    • #123
      Members OzMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Perth Australia
      Posts
      9,529


      0 Not allowed!
      Sorry to see you go mate, shame you took it all so seriously, I view NSC as a light hearted outlet and a good scource of amusement.
      Some of the one liners are great.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.
    • #124
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      Behind My Eyes
      Posts
      8,184


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think some posters are being a bit harsh on @Psychobilly freakout by dismissing his message of farewell to a flounce or a "look at me" post. Some posters have also questioned why he didn't just disappear without announcing his departure.

      To do so is underestimating the importance of the virtual relationships that some people attach to their engagement with NSC. As everyone knows NSC can offer a lot of emotional support when we are going through difficult periods in our lives. That support can sometimes be really helpful. As a lot of people may have noticed PF has had a lot of issues in his early life which he has had to deal with. He's sometimes unloaded some of his baggage on here and hopefully it has been helpful for him to do so.

      Why is his saying goodbye on here interpreted any differently to saying goodbye in the real world to those you've formed connections with? If he had suddenly disappeared without telling anybody or without saying goodbye to people he had formed connections with in the real world those people would either think he was rude or they would worry about him. All PF was doing was saying goodbye and letting people know he's alright and thanks for everything. Nothing wrong with that. Given what some of us have become aware of of his history, if he had just suddenly disappeared it might have given some of us cause for concern. Now we don't need to worry.

      Having said all that PF has said that he is going to use his time and try and engage more with the real world. Personally I'm a little concerned that the time he doesn't devote to NSC will just be spent more on his favourite porn sites.

      PF's personal legacy to me was that he introduced me to the murky world of MILF Backward Cowgirl, a sub category of porn I was previously blissfully unaware of. Not much of a legacy granted, but a legacy nonetheless. So long PF.
      They are going to Barcelona with family for Christmas
    • #125
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      2,214


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They are going to Barcelona with family for Christmas
      That's the most elaborate "beating the bishop" euphomism I've ever heard.
    • #126

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agree with that. Too many snowflakes. "You can't say that"; You can't say that either"; You might offend someone if you say that". It really is pathetic.
      Oh indeed, the days when you can call a spade a spade are long gone.
      "Unlawful, void and of no effect"
    • #127

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think some posters are being a bit harsh on @Psychobilly freakout by dismissing his message of farewell to a flounce or a "look at me" post.
      Presumably because those people read the first couple of paragraphs, form an opinion and therefore don't see the need to read on.

      I'm glad he's gone - he was taking liberties using more than 140 characters. How dare he!
      "Unlawful, void and of no effect"
    • #128
      Captain Hindsight TSB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Lansdowne Place, Hove
      Posts
      17,660


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That is so gay and cringeworthy

      Why don't you simply not log in ? I can never get my head around people like you who need to address the nation that you are buggering off. More often than not you will either be back before the clocks go forward or you will be a secret lurker. PATHETIC.
      "That is so gay"

      You're a ****, Spence. A ****ing ****. Wish you'd ****ing leave. ****ing ****.
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.
    • #129
      I hate the Daily Mail Doc Lynam's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Posts
      6,208


      0 Not allowed!
      Bloody Brexit!
    • #130
      Members Albion my Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Darlington, UK
      Posts
      8,356


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ac gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      common sense is not actually that common these days

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •