Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should Maty Ryan boycott the Asia Cup?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Lets be honest here - the Asia cup is the International equivalent to the EFL Trophy. Complete non entity of a competition from start to finish. Kyrgyzstan are in it ffs - I literally did not even know that was a real country.

Some (not me) would even argue that Australia isn't even a real country. A place where the most known citizen was a man that had his ears cut off in prison.

Bottom line is Maty would be much better off here in his adopted city in the Premier League than playing some soppy competition in the desert.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's the best chance he'll have of winning a cup.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hughton keeping cards close to his chest as to when he will be off too.

Apparently Australia squad meeting up on 26th December in the Middle East, so will he miss Arsenal? Or will he get dispensation? I'd say definitely Everton will be his last game at best as he'll need to be at the tournament by the 1st January.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Lets be honest here - the Asia cup is the International equivalent to the EFL Trophy. Complete non entity of a competition from start to finish. Kyrgyzstan are in it ffs - I literally did not even know that was a real country.

Some (not me) would even argue that Australia isn't even a real country. A place where the most known citizen was a man that had his ears cut off in prison.

Bottom line is Maty would be much better off here in his adopted city in the Premier League than playing some soppy competition in the desert.

Well Palestine isn't officially a country! Irrespective of that though, Maty is a proud Australian and wants to represent his country. Good for him l say.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course he shouldn’t. He’s old school and loves his country and wants to play for them whoever it’s against. He is not a Fergie type player who picks and chooses the games he’ll deign to play in.

Good for him, bad for us :down:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A man should boycott his national team because [MENTION=25450]The Kid Frankie[/MENTION] isn't very good at geography :ffsparr:

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
I met Graham Arnold back in September and offered him my considered view that he shouldn't bother taking Maty to the Asian Cup. He disagreed. Was quite receptive to my views on Elbows Jedinak though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What next, Dunk shouldn't travel with the England squad for the UEFA Nations League Finals on the basis that its a Mickey Mouse competition and he would be better off having a longer post season rest so that he's fully fit for the start of the 2019/20 PL season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here