Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Politicians,just how low can they get ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
She was/is in fact my MP although I always vote for the party rather than the individual.
If ever a city needed a Labour MP it’s Peterborough, it’s such a shame that after finally getting rid of the previous Tory this had to happen. I do not understand why oh why anyone would not just admit to a speeding offence in the first place, we are all human and if we take our eye of the boil it can happen to anyone.
During these momentous Brexit times, enormously relevant to Peterborough, we now have lost our voice to in Parliament.
Not interested in how low people sink, but I am interested in personal responsibility to the people who trusted you to a privileged position.
Totally abysmal all round.

Arrogance and beligerence by Onasanya, in never admitting the irrefutable truth and so costing the taxpayer huge sums in two trials. Liars rarely own up, almost convincing themselves of their false version of events. Good to see that there’s a heavy price paid by her.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Because they like to believe that they are above and better than the great unwashed. US.

Yes, certainly. We have all seen countless examples over the years where those folk of fame and fortune somehow seem subconsciously to think that rules and the law don't always apply to them, but to the masses.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am not interested in the party or the colour,just throw the book. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46602635

It's not just politicians, they all try to lie or cheat their way out of it, even Saint David , role model, family man and all round good guy managed to get out of an offence of doing 59mph in a 40 mph limit, it probably cost him several thousand pounds but Mr Loophole managed to get him off on a slight paperwork error.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...urt-case-beckham-speeding-charge-nick-freeman

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's not just politicians, they all try to lie or cheat their way out of it, even Saint David , role model, family man and all round good guy managed to get out of an offence of doing 59mph in a 40 mph limit, it probably cost him several thousand pounds but Mr Loophole managed to get him off on a slight paperwork error.

Yup. When it comes to the law, nobody can bend it like Beckham.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can understand early release, what I can't understand is this parliamentary law that allows a convict to keep their place of privilege in the the House of Commons as a dutiful politician. Surely that needs to be looked in to?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I can understand early release, what I can't understand is this parliamentary law that allows a convict to keep their place of privilege in the the House of Commons as a dutiful politician. Surely that needs to be looked in to?

Politicians are human and people sometimes makes errors of judgement. Need to move on...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Politicians are human and people sometimes makes errors of judgement. Need to move on...

Out and out lies on a consistent basis is a mistake/judgement error? That, my friend, is a f*cking hilarious post!

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013

Ummm.. Well, Huhne made an "error of judgement" in leaving his wife for a lady who until then had not purportedly been interested in male Members. That triggered his former wife into "whistle-blowing". I met the bloke a couple of times, he was a charismatic speaker but a bit condescending, I thought.

And what about Ivor Caplin and his MP's expenses...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
On a day when a Peer was charged with attempted rapes of a child.

Has the convicted criminal, proven liar to the legal system, given up her Peterborough seat yet?

no, and released this week i think.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Michael Gove should think himself lucky he only did a bit of class A chisel, imagine the negative coverage if he'd had a Marks & Spencer's Mojito on the tube...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here