Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Politicians,just how low can they get ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No different from last day before Christmas at primary school. All a bunch of over paid childish idiots. Guy Fawkes had the right idea.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If she gets more than 12 months, even if suspended, it triggers a by-election.

All that just to get out of a £60 fine.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
She should resign immediately. Above all else we should expect MPs to be honest and set an example.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The evidence against the liar was compelling and from every conceivable direction, including from her associates.

Bizarre that crooks very rarely, no matter the evidence, say “I did it”.

Actually, the majority of accused people plead guilty (something like 65%).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Actually, the majority of accused people plead guilty (something like 65%).

I must admit that I had in mind theft from employers (something I come across through work) and then these cases where someone lies about the driver in trying to avoid points.

In both cases once the lie is stated at the very first accusation, the liars appear to carry that on until the bitter end.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Politicians are no different from anyone else, everybody is capable of lying irrespective of position.

Sad but true.

But what she did went beyond lying. Trying to get off a speeding ticket is one thing. A lot of us would if we could. But not at the expense of trying to implicate an innocent person which is what she did.

I just can't believe these people are prepared to jeopardise everything they've achieved in life for the sake of something so trivial. And being both black and a woman I'm sure that she had more obstacles to overcome to achieve what she did. It was the same with Constance Briscoe the female black barrister and part time Judge who got unnecessarily entangled in the Huhne/Pryce case and ruined her career after everything she had achieved without the advantages of a priviledged background.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] has always been very keen to shine a harsh spotlight on the indiscretions of those in public office, and rightly so.

Can't believe he missed this high-profile, front-page-of-the-BBC-website example.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I just can't believe these people are prepared to jeopardise everything they've achieved in life for the sake of something so trivial.

Well exactly.

What on earth was she thinking? I got done by a camera a year or so ago and whilst it pissed me off when I got the Notice of Intended Prosecution through the post it didn't even cross my mind for a moment to either appeal it in court or lie to avoid it. I just filled in the paperwork naming myself as the driver, paid the £100 fine on-line and put my licence in the post for the 3 points. Annoying, but all done and dealt with in 10 minutes, no come-back and no consequences and the points will expire in just under a year. No big drama.

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex

The Recall of MPs Act (2015) means that may well be a petition to force a by-election. The recall petition should be called out by the speaker after the sentencing and provided there is no appeal - at which point if 10% of the electorate in the constituency sign there has to be a by-election.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My thinking is tell everyone of them they can’t stand again. Disolve parliament. Have half PR, half constituency and start again. I’m certain I’d get support from across parties for this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

All that just to get out of a £60 fine.

She deserves 12 months for being gormless, then. Or awash with a sense of entitlement.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well exactly.

What on earth was she thinking? I got done by a camera a year or so ago and whilst it pissed me when I got the Notice of Intended Prosecution through the post it didn't even cross my mind for a moment to either appeal it in court or lie to avoid it. I just filled in the paperwork naming myself as the driver, paid the £100 quid on-line and put my licence in the post for the 3 points. Annoying, but all done and dealt with in 10 minutes, no come-back and no consequences and the points will expire in just under a year. No big drama.

Exactly.

Mind you, when I had to do it a third time it was a bit more stressfull....:wozza:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here