Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Peter Jackson - They Shall Not Grow Old documentary

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This looks visually stunning.

With “They Shall Not Grow Old,” Jackson has applied new technology to century-old World War I footage to create a vivid, you-are-there feeling that puts real faces front and centre and allows us to hear their stories in their own words.

The documentary, which will screen nationwide Dec. 17 and Dec. 27, concentrates on the experiences of British soldiers as revealed in footage from the archives of the Imperial War Museum.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/16/movies/peter-jackson-war-movie.html

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Spoiler alert! Don’t say too much I don’t know what happened in the end...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Was shown on the BBC on the Anniversary. Amazing bit of film. The voices of who served were chilling, the way they described horrific ways people were killed as it was quite normal was hard to comprehend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its magnificent. Mesmerising, but a really hard watch at times.

That moment when the colour suddenly floods into the screen for the first time is quite astonishing. And it was a masterstroke having the voices of the soldiers who were there recounting their tales, instead of a narrator. A wonderful and important film.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its magnificent. Mesmerising, but a really hard watch at times.

That moment when the colour suddenly floods into the screen for the first time is quite astonishing. And it was a masterstroke having the voices of the soldiers who were there recounting their tales, instead of a narrator. A wonderful and important film.

I found the change to colour less impressive than the change to realistic walking speed.

Should be shown every year in memorium IMHO

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It was a brilliant watch, it was on BBC iPlayer for a bit but probably unavailable now.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Saw it this week in 3D, quite impressive. There was also a 30 minute documentary afterwards explaining how the video enhancements were accomplished.

Don’t be surprised if you find yourself humming “Hinky, Dinky Parlez Vous” for a few days afterward...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen it yet - and it's right up my street. Looks incredible.

Just checked iPlayer and it's expired. Is it on any of the streaming services?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here