Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What pisses you off about Christmas?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Yes i know its a time of joy and happiness, but i can't be the only one who gets seriously narked by many, many things at this time of year. So what gets right on your tits at this festive time.

I'll start with 2.

1 - that people go mental grocery shopping despite the fact that the shops will only be closed for one day (or two if covering the new year period)
2 - The endless stream of shite perfume/aftershave ads - i mean exactly how far up their own arses can these companies get?

Please provide myself, and others, with some alternative Christmas cheer by venting your spleens here...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The homeless who are living in a life threatening situation, sitting there in freezing conditions watching the world spend, spend and spend on pointless, not needed gifts all for the sake of a religious celebration most people don't even believe in.

Merry xmas everyone

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love Xmas. It’s a brilliant time of the year. And the alleged pitfalls are very easy to avoid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It starts in October, the TV is full of shit Xmas adverts, standard of driving goes downhill as people have their minds elsewhere. I could go on but I won’t

Proper Bah Humbug me.

Xmas starts on 24 Dec and finishes on the evening of 26 December for me and I love those three days, the rest can go **** itself.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The constant upselling of food items, when you go out for a festive meal.
Friday last, went out for works meal, ordered the Turkey roast from the menu, then was asked if I wanted any more pigs in blankets at £1 each.
Its pressure selling to the customer, which is not really needed IMO.
:xmas:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The idea that nobody can dislike Christmas. You tell people you don't like Christmas and they look at you as though you should be sectioned.

I'll say it ..... I don't like Christmas !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christmas starts on Christmas Eve and lasts for 12 days.

Back in the day it did but commercial considerations have fecked that up completely. I don’t actually remember clearly but I’m sure the Xmas tree didn’t go up until just before Xmas either.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Once a year pub goers who don't know how to order a drink.

Once a year pub goers who don't know how to drink

The annual parade of people proudly carrying home the tree and carefully decorating it .... then next week strip it naked and throw it out on the pavement

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When it ends, as I love the entire build up and the extended break itself. I’ve never grown out of it and have passed on that feeling to my kids.

I used to dread going back after new year to an unpleasant job which ruined the end, but latterly I choose when I want to resume work.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
People putting decorations up in November. Christmas starts on Christmas Eve and lasts for 12 days.

This.
I'm sure I noticed more houses this year with decorations and Christmas lights up in November, a couple of years ago I saw the odd one.
Go back maybe ten years and I don't remember any homes having Christmas lights up before December.

The first lot of Christmas lights on the one way system/ Lewes Rd exit in Newhaven went on at the end of October.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here