Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Electrician in Seaford

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hi

I have an RCD that keeps tripping and can't isolate it to anything specific. Anyone out there a sparky that's nearby, or can recommend one?

Cheers!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We tend to use Popes or Hughes. Both have done good work for us and immediate family.

A couple of younger guys have also been involved in various jobs around our house during building work and although cheap, their work wasn't necessarily as professional as it might have been – or so we were later informed.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
When did electricity arrive in Seaford?:D

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Have you unplugged all the appliances ?

It only goes "occasionally" but too frequently to ignore. I've got a suspicion it's one particular double socket and I'm wondering if taking it off might reveal a lose connection. On the other hand if it's just overloading a particular circuit (Mrs uses that plug for ironing) I won't see anything. In saying that I think it's unlikely as it's only intermittent

An added issue was a different circuit tripped out when we were away in November leaving us with a freezer full of rotten food, so perhaps a full check is the most sensible way

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
If it's the RCD going it's unlikely to be overload
Is there any pattern to the random tripping
Can you post a pic of the fuse board Inc fuses / MCB s / RCDs ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If it's the RCD going it's unlikely to be overload
Is there any pattern to the random tripping
Can you post a pic of the fuse board Inc fuses / MCB s / RCDs ?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. Saw my neighbour outside and discover his best mate is an electrician so he's going to come over later ... probably the best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here