Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Secret Santa

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone else do this at work?? We've just done ours, always and absolute hoot.

I drew Davron in the warehouse and got the boxset of series 1-6 of Bargain Hunt.

Anyway I got this mug, I was crying with laughter when I opened it, not sure who drew me as there are plenty of people with a great sense of humour where I work.

51ji-1TrlYL._AC_US200_.jpg

:lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I drew Davron in the warehouse and got the boxset of series 1-6 of Bargain Hunt.

Anyway I got this mug, I was crying with laughter when I opened it, not sure who drew me as there are plenty of people with a great sense of humour where I work.

I am shocked they have warehouses in Lyme Regis, I thought it was all thatched houses and Barns down there.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I thought you'd have got Davron a joke book with only one joke in it.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We do it, but slightly different. £5 limit and has to be a 'shit gift' but you don't buy for a specific person. All gifts get placed on a table, then names drawn out of a hat, first person picks any gift they want, then the next name is drawn, then unwrap their gift and can keep it, or swap for the other persons gift (who has no say in it)
Getting your name picked last means you can choose the best shit gift. It's a good laugh, everyone has a few drinks and lots of laughs.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Anyway I got this mug, I was crying with laughter when I opened it, not sure who drew me as there are plenty of people with a great sense of humour where I work

What did Gurjit from Internal Audit get?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
We do it, but slightly different. £5 limit and has to be a 'shit gift' but you don't buy for a specific person. All gifts get placed on a table, then names drawn out of a hat, first person picks any gift they want, then the next name is drawn, then unwrap their gift and can keep it, or swap for the other persons gift (who has no say in it)
Getting your name picked last means you can choose the best shit gift. It's a good laugh, everyone has a few drinks and lots of laughs.

WOT? :mad:

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

We did something similar but more complicated. £15 limit for two gifts, up to you how you split the money. All presents go in a pot and then there's a game involving rolling dice where swapping, stealing and unwrapping occurs. Was quite fun - but I guess I liked it as I walked away with about £25 worth of red wine and a prosecco gift box. The woman who insisted on including the stealing rule ended up with nothing.

The main advantage was as you didn't know who would end up with your gift you didn't have to worry about making the gift personal or suitable for a particular person.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Done ours yesterday. £10 budget.

I received a £10 voucher for the Albion shop and a £2 scratch card.

I won £20 on the scratch card so split it with my (not so) secret Santa.

Cost her £2 and me £0, Perfect day.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I hate secret Santa. Made a bit of a social faux pas the first time I did it and got hunted down and challenged, poor decision on my part, but for sure not secret. Only about 2O years later did I reluctantly partake.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
After I received a Crystal Palace scarf in a secret santa I refused to ever participate again. I tried to flush it down the toilet but it wouldn't go so I threw it in the waste bin instead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here