Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] George Cox signs one-year extension

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
DEFENDER SIGNS NEW DEAL

Brighton & Hove Albion under-23 defender George Cox has signed a one-year contract extension, keeping him with the Seagulls until June 2020.

Cox has made the left-back berth his own over the past couple of seasons, for Simon Rusk’s team, playing every single league match during their 2017/18 promotion-winning campaign.

Albion under-23 coach Rusk said, “George thoroughly deserves his new contract. He’s delivered a consistent level of performance over the past few seasons and proved to be a valuable member of the team.

“After a difficult summer for George, he’s bounced back and picked up where he left off last season. He’s always developing and it’s great have secure his services for another year.”

The 20-year-old returned for pre-season training ahead of Albion’s debut season in the Premier League 2 Division 1, but just weeks later had to undergo heart surgery after abnormal heartbeat patterns were discovered.

Cox returned after a successful operation and has since made seven league appearances and played twice in the Checkatrade Trophy, providing two assists to help the Seagulls end 2018 in third position in the table.

Here's all you need to know about him, care of [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] >>> http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?758

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Briefly taught George when he was a young lad. I remember him saying he was going to be a footballer for the Albion. I resisted the classic teacher response of "well you have have to concentrate on your studies" and just said (I think this is a vague memory) something like " good for you. While there are very top players who are unbelievably skillful outside of them the difference for most managers is between those who can work hard and follow instructions and those who won't." Of course he probably forgot that and me almost instantly but I'll take a tiny bit of credit anyway. He's certainly applied himself and taken a hard road to get where he is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here