Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can’t say I’m surprised.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Now remind me where Juncker was PM ? No corruption and cronism in the EU, no siree.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
NSC poster - No surely not its all Amazon tax dodging, its not fair :cry: :cry: :cry:

Next thread by same poster - anybody got a cash in hand plumber to mend my toilet

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Now remind me where Juncker was PM ? No corruption and cronism in the EU, no siree.

You have that a bit wrong, when he was Luxembourg head honcho, he encouraged businesses to set up in Luxembourg with low taxes, now he is at the EU he is pushing ideas aimed at fixing this. When his job was do the best for Luxembourg, he did that, now his job is do the best for the EU, and he is trying to do that.
To fix this, the EU is proposing some level of harmonisation of corporate tax rates, but it will take a while because there is a lot of opposition to it, some from countries like Ireland that want to be able to shelter big corps and reap the reward, and some from countries like Britain that would see it as a grab of more sovereignty. It will happen in some form, but it will take a while.

On the other hand, what Farage and JRM are interested in is making the UK a low tax area for all big earners, corporations and individuals, pushing the trickle down myth still.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Junker. And before I forget

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1ME12M

Whilst people lose their jobs here,

(Reuters) - The European Commission said on Thursday it had concluded that Slovakia's 125 million euros (110.6 million pounds) of investment aid to Jaguar Land Rover was in line with EU State aid rules.

In 2018, the national minimum wage in Slovakia remained fixed at 480 € per month.

I suppose we could just have the factory here and encourage immigration from Slovakia.

D

Deleted member 22389

I suppose we could just have the factory here and encourage immigration from Slovakia.

The money we contribute to the EU pot has helped fund a 125M plant in Slovakia, whilst people lose their jobs here. Doesn't seem fair or right to me that's all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The money we contribute to the EU pot has helped fund a 125M plant in Slovakia, whilst people lose their jobs here. Doesn't seem fair or right to me that's all.

Genuine question:

Have EU funds not been used in exactly the same way in areas of the UK, for many years?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

No, the Slovakian Government has stumped up the subsidy, not the EU, however the EU did subsidise a Motorway that knocks an hour off the journey from Nitra to Bratislava and can carry the HGV's, I guess this made it possible for the factory to go there. The UK government has in the past given incentives for manufacturing to set up in Wales, thus England is likely to miss out on an employer that Wales gains. The reason is to try and bring the impoverished regions out of poverty.
It depends on how you look at the countries in the EU, are they "them" or are they "us". As a member citizen, you have the right to move to Nitra and work in the factory, the jobs it creates have not become unavailable to you, it is just further away from you. Though I have to say, if you turn up in Nitra as a Brit, they are suspicious of you as someone probably on the run, as they reckon no Brit would go there otherwise.

D

Deleted member 22389

No, the Slovakian Government has stumped up the subsidy, not the EU, however the EU did subsidise a Motorway that knocks an hour off the journey from Nitra to Bratislava and can carry the HGV's, I guess this made it possible for the factory to go there. The UK government has in the past given incentives for manufacturing to set up in Wales, thus England is likely to miss out on an employer that Wales gains. The reason is to try and bring the impoverished regions out of poverty.
It depends on how you look at the countries in the EU, are they "them" or are they "us". As a member citizen, you have the right to move to Nitra and work in the factory, the jobs it creates have not become unavailable to you, it is just further away from you. Though I have to say, if you turn up in Nitra as a Brit, they are suspicious of you as someone probably on the run, as they reckon no Brit would go there otherwise.

Apologies I thought the money came directly from the EU on this one.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Genuine question:

Have EU funds not been used in exactly the same way in areas of the UK, for many years?
Yes we do receive a proportion back but it's just a case of "receive and distribute" when it comes to the EU.
Christ where does this incredible organisation get all it's money from?..... that makes it look so so good by handing out other countries monies !!
Probably get most of their money from Bulgaria or Romania :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here