Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sky now censoring football chants?!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
'Can't believe it, you're ****ing shit'

The Derby fans chant a minute ago. But as I was chuckling to myself at the infantile humour, a dubbed football crowd sound was clearly placed over the 'offending' chant. I am pretty annoyed about this, where will it end?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
'Can't believe it, you're ****ing shit'

The Derby fans chant a minute ago. But as I was chuckling to myself at the infantile humour, a dubbed football crowd sound was clearly placed over the 'offending' chant. I am pretty annoyed about this, where will it end?

We will be all asked to wear green, paint our faces green, and sit in a green stadium on green seats. Then we can be who they want us to be.....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If the football action itself is not to their liking, then perhaps they will manufacture some fake tackles, shots, corners, free-kicks and goals?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe crowds should elect to sing offensive chants in German or French or even something more exotic like Finnish if the authorities caught onto it?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We will be all asked to wear green, paint our faces green, and sit in a green stadium on green seats. Then we can be who they want us to be.....

Alllll-bi-oooooo-n.... *parp*

gg.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If the football action itself is not to their liking, then perhaps they will manufacture some fake tackles, shots, corners, free-kicks and goals?

They should get down Selhurst Park, they already have a fake singing section, seems like a match made in heaven literally.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't remember which game it was, but recently heard a commentator actually apologise because the pitch-side microphone had picked up a naughty word :nono:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can't remember which game it was, but recently heard a commentator actually apologise because the pitch-side microphone had picked up a naughty word :nono:

Happens a lot. Usually Sky

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
During games, e.g. Fulham v WHU, Stains v Arsenal, both this weekend, Sky keep apologising. One of the chants used the evil “shit” word.

I wonder if a broadcasting authority has had a legal word, because these apologies have escalated, but nowt has really changed from the crowds?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
During games, e.g. Fulham v WHU, Stains v Arsenal, both this weekend, Sky keep apologising. One of the chants used the evil “shit” word.

I wonder if a broadcasting authority has had a legal word, because these apologies have escalated, but nowt has really changed from the crowds?

I am not overly fond of swearing but I can't help feeling this is one step too far. Another sign of the gentrification of football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am not overly fond of swearing but I can't help feeling this is one step too far. Another sign of the gentrification of football.

I agree totally. Some of the swearing heard is barely a 0.5 on a Richter Scale of swearing/insults/illegal content heard across games.

Plus I f*cking hate c*nts who swear.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

It's actually a tricky one for broadcasters because I guess officially if it's before the 9pm watershed then there shouldn't be any swearing so I suppose nowadays they have to be seen to be at least apologising and/or trying to quieter the worst chants. I suspect it may not be long before a "cover all" viewer discretion warning is given before each match. Ridiculous but those are the times we live in.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I find it amazing and hypocritical coming from Sky. I have had meetings at Sky in the past as part of my job, and the staff there swear more than at any other workplace I have been to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here