Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michael Robinson

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good luck to him, he was a fighter on the pitch, hopefully he can fight this off too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Awful ..... good luck Michael.

Small story but my brother interviewed Michael and Gary Stevens as part of a school project when he was at Carden Junior school ( my brother not Michael ! ). Both were very friendly. Somewhere I've probably got the tape recording of it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Our best wishes to Michael Robinson, who says he is battling cancer.

"I'd rather not have to fight this battle, but unfortunately I'm in this struggle and I'm sure I'm going to win it."

https://twitter.com/InformeRobinson/status/1074695625441230849

Absolutely. Loved him when he played for us
Always gave 100%. He always chased down what would normally be considered a lost cause often succeeding. Best wishes Michael. You'll always be right up there as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
All the very best to him.
He once said that he had no interest in football outside of it being his job. He then became a big star on Spanish TV.
Really do wish him well, if only he'd slotted it home rather than passing to Smith.
Get well Michael.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Absolutely. Loved him when he played for us
Always gave 100%. He always chased down what would normally be considered a lost cause often succeeding. Best wishes Michael. You'll always be right up there as far as I'm concerned.

This this and this! One of my favourite ever Brighton players, love him still!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My boyhood hero.

Still remember that 1983 Cup Quarter-Final against Norwich at the Goldstone where he ran himself into the ground, as he did so regularly.

He did pretty well after us too...

"Liverpool came in for Robinson and paid Brighton £250,000 for him and he duly battled with established Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush for a place up front. In that first season his new team won three trophies – the league, the league cup (where he was a used substitute in the final 0–0 draw against Everton, and did not feature in the replay) and the European Cup (being a used replacement in the final against A.S. Roma) – and he played enough games to earn a title medal."

"Robinson, who won 24 caps for the Republic of Ireland, stayed in Spain after retiring, having settled very well in the country and learned the language to fluency, a trait that was later picked up on by Steve McManaman (with Real Madrid from 1999 to 2003), who regarded Robinson as his mentor."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Robinson_(footballer)

Wishing him and his loved ones all the very best at this time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Our best wishes to Michael Robinson, who says he is battling cancer.

"I'd rather not have to fight this battle, but unfortunately I'm in this struggle and I'm sure I'm going to win it."

[tweet]1074695625441230849[/tweet]

The very best of luck to you.

You certainly have the right attitude!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have everything crossed for this Albion workhorse. Probably not a legend but as others have said, he left it all out on the pitch.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Definitely a BHA legend. Top flight goal scorer, fa cup final player, top bloke . . . . Get well soon!

And yet...

Still by a long way the highest scorer in the top division for Brighton with 37 goals.

Andy Ritchie on 23, Murray on 20.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Always gave 100% on the pitch. Sure he'll give the same to his battle with cancer.
Good luck mate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Absolute legend, I hope you beat your cancer, good luck Michael.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cancer doesn’t stand a chance does it - come on Robbo!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here