Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Luton Town FCs new ground application

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got 18 pence that says it'll be built before palaces 1 stand.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Great location in the town centre, 5 mins walk from Luton station and with the Luton-Dunstable Guided Busway services stopping at a new halt next to the Stadium. 17,500 looks a sensible capacity.

Good luck to them, they are on the up.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
They seem like one of those clubs who are forever talking about a new ground. Good luck to them

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
A comment from the link from one of their fans. I tend to agree.

"It is a fantastic location for a stadium, but the design lacks imagination and reminds me of the New Den, which is probably the most miserable stadium in the whole of Europe. Much much better is required".

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I like the floodlights, kind of a modern twist on the classic floodlight. It’s always such a buzz when your walking towards a town centre stadium and you can see the lights hanging high in the sky above the houses.

SAC

May 21, 2014
A comment from the link from one of their fans. I tend to agree.

"It is a fantastic location for a stadium, but the design lacks imagination and reminds me of the New Den, which is probably the most miserable stadium in the whole of Europe. Much much better is required".

I like the new Den, very intimidating place to attend when their fans turn up and can be bothered to generate an atmosphere. The new Luton ground looks quite odd with the high floodlights but if the roof is as low as it appears it should be possible to generate a fantastic atmosphere.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
that is horrendous

I'm not even sure if it's better than Kenilworth Road :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Horrible club with wankers as fans don’t miss going there on bit

Too right...the worst experience I have ever had at a football ground...twice in fact.

Build it on the ****ing moon for all I care

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I like the new Den, very intimidating place to attend when their fans turn up and can be bothered to generate an atmosphere. The new Luton ground looks quite odd with the high floodlights but if the roof is as low as it appears it should be possible to generate a fantastic atmosphere.

Really! Never found New den intimidating its nothing on the old Den now that was intimidating especially after the play offs

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think it looks quite nice tbh.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Will you still be able to see that lady in her kitchen when you are having a jimmy?

Bizarre ! iv'e always thought to myself you could see people in their kitchens at Luton's ground as you walked in to the away end but put it down to a few too many shandies , it seems i didn't beer dream it after all .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I noticed these plans the other week and it makes sense why Jones chose to manage a club with a plan and ambition. Two consecutive promotions will be a great achievement for them and I am sure they will do well in the Championship under his management..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hats off to them I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here