Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Jahanbakhsh next few months

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Rumors today on Iranian social media that he re-tweaked his hamstring which is why he wasn't on the roster today. Some real danger that he really loses a place in the team given his upcoming absence due to Asian Cup responsibilities and now that different players are meshing with the team and starting to play bigger roles as subs or even starters.

I've said before that Alireza has always needed time in new clubs: he has never done well in his first season, but then a real surprise in years 2+. He is a fan-pleaser and likes to interact with fans and is appreciative of them (oh, hi there, Locadia). If Brighton want to get their return on investment they have to consider continuing their investment in Alireza despite mediocre returns for a few months.

This being said, I really hope CH uses him in an offensive winger role with Andone rather than Murray. Andone's play really suits Alireza's playing style better than the half-defensive winger CH plays him at in combo with Murray.. Alireza is in this mostly defensive winger role on the Iran national team and the defensive responsibilities stagnate his movement forward and creativity up front. He always does better for his clubs I think for this reason.

Anyways, hoping he'll get better soon and give back to the club the way I know he can.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Here’s hoping he’s fit in time for the Asian Cup and goes there and gets a good run of games. He might come back really sharp and ready for a run in the side.

Does anyone know if this tournament is on the TV in the UK. I’m looking forward to it. Three Albion connections. Maty Ryan, Jahanbakhsh and Chris Greatwich. Chris is a Lewes lad who was on Brighton’s books at the same time as the likes of Dean Hammond. He went on to play for the Philippines and is now assistant to Sven!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I read in the newspaper he has been out for 6 weeks...and then concluded 6 weeks ago was the end of October, a month in which we were unbeaten and since we have looked a little inconsistent. Maybe he was more influential than we thought

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Just a quick note on British English. It's not "on the roster", It's "in the squad". Roster is a term used in american sports.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Here’s hoping he’s fit in time for the Asian Cup and goes there and gets a good run of games. He might come back really sharp and ready for a run in the side.

Does anyone know if this tournament is on the TV in the UK. I’m looking forward to it. Three Albion connections. Maty Ryan, Jahanbakhsh and Chris Greatwich. Chris is a Lewes lad who was on Brighton’s books at the same time as the likes of Dean Hammond. He went on to play for the Philippines and is now assistant to Sven!

I'll post when broadcasting is figured out.. just a word of caution that they expanded the field this year and a lot of teams that otherwise would not have qualified for the qualifiers are in it. Iran's group for example includes Iraq (a decent side), but then also Yemen and Vietnam. Preview of the mess of world cups 2022 and on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here