Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Among The 18 Players In Today's Squad

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm being pedantic, I think you mean Sunday's. However, I counted 5 or 6 starters that played in the Championship for us. Not all bad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by NSC that's still 4 too many.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it shows British players are too expensive, so ultimately a lot of the issue lies with the agents.

This is also why a top notch academy is essential.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think if you look at every 25 man squad in the premier league, we actually rank very poorly in the inclusion of HGP. We limp over the line with Just 5 i believe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it shows British players are too expensive, so ultimately a lot of the issue lies with the agents.

This is also why a top notch academy is essential.

Keto, O'Hora, Ostigard, Mateju, Molumby, Normann, Dreyer, Gwargis, Radulovic, Gyokeres, Connolly, Ljubicic..................

What's having a top-notch academy got to do with it?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Astonishing change - but much more colourful now!

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Keto, O'Hora, Ostigard, Mateju, Molumby, Normann, Dreyer, Gwargis, Radulovic, Gyokeres, Connolly, Ljubicic..................

What's having a top-notch academy got to do with it?
Sure I read somewhere that, subject to certain conditions around time contracted to a PL club, foreign-born academy players can nonetheless still be classified as home grown. True?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
FFS, lets get lower quality players just to keep the idiots that believe we should only play British players happy.

We comply with the PL rules so we should just accept that and look to get the best quality players into the club so that we can maintain our PL status and progress as a club

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sure I read somewhere that, subject to certain conditions around time contracted to a PL club, foreign-born academy players can nonetheless still be classified as home grown. True?
Yes, I think you're right .......... but I was thinking more about British players, rather than HGPs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here